First Set lots of pics!

Critical observations about your technique for installations, wear or use.
Forum rules
1. Stay on topic. Be specific and to the point.
2. Be polite. Flaming and personal attacks may result in a ban.
Dreadie_Lover1

First Set lots of pics!

Post by Dreadie_Lover1 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:20 pm

I'm Nadine also a noobie :/
Ive been looking around for a few months on here but decided to post my dreadies so far so you experts can tell me if i'm on the right track

They are all different lengths and sizes but i'm hoping to curl them so it shouldnt matter too much and they aren't smooth but i must admit i'm not a huge fan of perfection.

And .. there blurry as there on my phone ... sorry.

I tried a little blending but didnt like the colours it turned out

First ones!

Against pen

Ends! I dont quite know how to do these lol.

Any advice? :)

Thanks
"You're Different?!" *Werid Look*..'MEH'... "Darling We're All Different, You Just Don't Have The Balls To Show The World... I Do."

MrsEss

Re: First Set lots of pics!

Post by MrsEss » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:07 pm

As with all new skills, practise makes perfect. That blue/purple blend SE looks amazing.
One or 2 look like they need sealing again/more backcombing & your transitional looks like it's about to give birth to baby dreads.

Keep at it ;)
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Dreadie_Lover1

Post by Dreadie_Lover1 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:39 pm

Haha yeah it does :lol:

Thanks Sarah

Much Appriciated
"You're Different?!" *Werid Look*..'MEH'... "Darling We're All Different, You Just Don't Have The Balls To Show The World... I Do."

iddylove

Post by iddylove » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:18 pm

i lold at the preggy dread :lol:
but i agree with sarah. quite a few of those look pretty good. and your loops look good!

Jynx

Post by Jynx » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:13 pm

Yup! It takes a while to get transitionals perfected (usually!), but as a rule always use less hair for the second color. I really like the second blend, too. Blends get really addicting once you figure out what colors look good together, just keep playing with everything and you'll be golden!

Also, what method are you using to seal? For my loops, I like to keep the hair looped loose around the hanger (no knot/elastic) and back comb into the loop a bit. You have to keep tension on the hair, but after you get the hang of it, it'll make the loops A lot easier, and they'll last through numerous installs without going wonky or "closing up". That part is TOTALLY personal preference, though.

Zombiæ

Post by Zombiæ » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:47 pm

Way better attempt then the ones I ever made :) I think you have a lot of potential to be great at this ^_^
♥ ♫ Yo ho ho and a bottle of RAM ♫ ♥

Dreadie_Lover1

Post by Dreadie_Lover1 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:48 pm

Jynx wrote:
Also, what method are you using to seal? For my loops, I like to keep the hair looped loose around the hanger (no knot/elastic) and back comb into the loop a bit. You have to keep tension on the hair, but after you get the hang of it, it'll make the loops A lot easier, and they'll last through numerous installs without going wonky or "closing up". That part is TOTALLY personal preference, though.
Hey, I used the iron and towel method but i should be getting a steamer soon as its taking too long to seal them ... my legs hurt :lol:

I tried doing the loop without a knot but it wasnt working for me ... i used tights tied across a chair arms to create the loop but it wouldnt join together without a knot where the loop was.

Dreadie_Lover1

Post by Dreadie_Lover1 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:50 pm

Zombiæ wrote:Way better attempt then the ones I ever made :) I think you have a lot of potential to be great at this ^_^
Thank you ... its taken me since before Christmas to make 28 as i was moving ... hopefully it will be worth every minute :lol:

angeleyes90

Post by angeleyes90 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:54 pm

their great for a first set i like the ends to

Return to “Hair Critique”