First Install, Wool Roving Dreads, A Bit Different?

Critical observations about your technique for installations, wear or use.
Forum rules
1. Stay on topic. Be specific and to the point.
2. Be polite. Flaming and personal attacks may result in a ban.
CrossEyedMorgan

First Install, Wool Roving Dreads, A Bit Different?

Post by CrossEyedMorgan » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:59 am

Hellooo
This is my first time installing, ever, and it's on myself haha. I made SE Wool Roving Dreads.
I did a full head, but I didn't use 100-120 dreads, I used about 60/70, and I think some people may not like the look haha but I actually do quite like it, and you can see the braids which I have no problem with, I like braids. - If people do like it I guess it's an alternative way to wearing them instead of having a whole big neat bunch, mine are messy and random, but I like it haha.
I used a blanket stitch then plaited the rest down.
Umm thinks that's everything you need to know XD

Oh apparently they now look better than they did in these photos. According to my mum. Haha.

Oh and my boyfriend took the photos of me but was also throwing socks at my face, I tried to get the photos with the least silly facial expressions XD

^the back looks better in person XD

oxalchemyxo

Re: First Install, Wool Roving Dreads, A Bit Different?

Post by oxalchemyxo » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:15 am

Even though it doesnt look as full as most of the installs here on the board, that last picture of the back of your head impressed me. There are less than a full head, but you've distributed them very evenly and there are no huge gaps. Horay! The first time I installed was very gappy and i had bald spots. As long as you like it I guess thats really all that matters :). Also the dreads look nice, I am no pro on roving by any means, so to a fairly untrained eye for roving I think it looks ace! I'm sure some of the girls will tell you about your roving. But keep up the good work! The install seems like a good idea. I've always thought about doing it this way because I also like the braid effect, why waste all my hair around the dread? Oh and did you dye those dreads? the colors are lovely! Ok this reply is huge I'm going to stop now. Good job :D !
~Alchemy~

CrossEyedMorgan

Post by CrossEyedMorgan » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:48 am

I like long replies XD very informative, thank you very much! Haha
oxalchemyxo wrote:Oh and did you dye those dreads? the colors are lovely! Ok this reply is huge I'm going to stop now. Good job :D !
Nah I didn't dye them but I KNOW RIGHT?! I love the colours haha

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:37 am

Looking good. Personally, I'd use more dreads next time, or try DE's. However for a beginner they're pretty awesome :D well done!
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

z0mbieface

Post by z0mbieface » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:16 pm

I know nothing about roving but I love them! Great install and I like how they're a bit random, and the braided bits actually look really cool:-)

CrossEyedMorgan

Post by CrossEyedMorgan » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:25 pm

DreadstarMonstar wrote:Looking good. Personally, I'd use more dreads next time, or try DE's. However for a beginner they're pretty awesome :D well done!
Yeah I think I may buy some more and in my next uni break do a similar thing but just fuller haha. I had a bit of trouble sectioning, it was meant to be random but I had like 40 dreads in the beginning then had to take some out and put two where one was haha.
Thank you :)
z0mbieface wrote:I know nothing about roving but I love them! Great install and I like how they're a bit random, and the braided bits actually look really cool:-)
Thank you, I'm glad people like them haha wasn't sure what the reaction would be, and I know no one where I live who's even come close to getting dread extensions haha, so they like it coz they have nothing to compare it too :P

Thanks XD

starfragment666

Post by starfragment666 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:16 pm

I use braids also when installing single enders- i take each section and loop 2/3 of the hair and then braid with the other third, that way the dread is supported by most of the hair braid, but not necessary to braid 'round' the dread, does that make sense?

Nice colour combo too :) a good first effort :D
Nicxxx
Now free to take custom orders, to view my work click here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 24e97a2785
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=14046

moosiefeltfelt

Post by moosiefeltfelt » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:33 pm

love the dreads and the install is really funky
roll, roll, roll, the roving make the feltie dreads
hang em up n dry em out
and get a woolie head

CrossEyedMorgan

Post by CrossEyedMorgan » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:54 am

starfragment666 wrote:I use braids also when installing single enders- i take each section and loop 2/3 of the hair and then braid with the other third, that way the dread is supported by most of the hair braid, but not necessary to braid 'round' the dread, does that make sense?

Nice colour combo too :) a good first effort :D
Yeah I get what you mean, that's what I did the first couple times I put accent ones in, but I thought wrapping around the dread would secure it better? Next time I may just do a plait so they hang straighter
moosiefeltfelt wrote:love the dreads and the install is really funky
Thank you :)

They got mistaken for real dreads the other day, I was pleased haha
And they look better now that they've been on my head and slept on a bit

Return to “Hair Critique”