Terquoise B&W Trans, 1st post, *install pic update*

Critical observations about your technique for installations, wear or use.
Forum rules
1. Stay on topic. Be specific and to the point.
2. Be polite. Flaming and personal attacks may result in a ban.
FrankenBabe

Terquoise B&W Trans, 1st post, *install pic update*

Post by FrankenBabe » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:04 am

*edit
i finished the set and installed them into my deathawk. their are only about 40 of them so i can fit them under my helmet for derby, but i had to take them out sooner than expected because they were getting caught on my gear :(

I've been making SE solid colored dreads for about two years now and I really like the way transitional dreads look. These are some of my first trans, with a few candy canes, and solids. I've never had any of my dreads critiqued before so I really appreciate it! :i2:

My dreads usually are not this skinny either. I think it was working with the terquoise that caused me to use less hair. This set is also incomplete.

Last edited by FrankenBabe on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

rivetlicker_

Re: Terquoise B&W Trans, 1st post, *Pics*

Post by rivetlicker_ » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:45 am

The solids and swirls are ace, as are the ends, but the transitionals need a bit more work. I see you have a thin part going thick again, now that is mostly always the case with the first few transitionals. I'd suggest using either more hair for the top colour or a lot less for the bottom. Backcomb the living daylights out of the top colour and make sure the bottom colour doesn't end up too low when poking it through the top colour.
Keep at it, you're doing well!

FrankenBabe

Post by FrankenBabe » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:22 am

rivetlicker_ wrote:The solids and swirls are ace, as are the ends, but the transitionals need a bit more work. I see you have a thin part going thick again, now that is mostly always the case with the first few transitionals. I'd suggest using either more hair for the top colour or a lot less for the bottom. Backcomb the living daylights out of the top colour and make sure the bottom colour doesn't end up too low when poking it through the top colour.
Keep at it, you're doing well!

Thanks! I'll remember to use less hair for the rest of the set. :D The set of transitionals I did before this one did'nt have that problem, maybe because they were wider in general and like I said I dont usually make such thin dreads.

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:51 am

Trans are definatly tricky but your getting there! I don't think I would have noticed what Lara said until i read her post! looking good.

FrankenBabe

Post by FrankenBabe » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:02 am

Thanks for the response!

Sugarfalls

Re: Terquoise B&W Trans, 1st post, *install pic update*

Post by Sugarfalls » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:58 pm

I love the colour combination. I'm considering the exact same colours for my next kit. Good work. :)

FrankenBabe

Re: Terquoise B&W Trans, 1st post, *install pic update*

Post by FrankenBabe » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:23 am

Sugarfalls wrote:I love the colour combination. I'm considering the exact same colours for my next kit. Good work. :)
sweet, i wanna see when your done! :D

Return to “Hair Critique”