elastic

orchid

elastic

Post by orchid » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:08 pm

hey guys, quick question =x i've used the search function and what not, but i can't figure out what people mean by elastic(for falls). i'm working on my first foam/tubing/rexlace piece at the moment, and ribbon isn't working out so well for me. oh and~ for rexlace, do u guys just knot that into the ribbon/elastic? thanks :lol:

Spooky_Noodles

Re: elastic

Post by Spooky_Noodles » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:39 pm

I use the flat elastic that you can buy from fabric shops, it's normally used for putting in waistbands and stuff. You can usually buy it by the metre for very little money.
It's not stoopid, it's ADVANCED!!

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:39 am

Elastic can either mean strips of strechy elastic like you'd use for sewing a waistband, or elastic hair ties.

Yes, you can just knot the rexlace on.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

orchid

Post by orchid » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:48 am

thanks so much. i'll be following up with some photos soon =]

orchid

Post by orchid » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:47 am

aw snap. halfway through finishing up my falls i decided to try them on :x

when i tied my hair in a bun and tied the ribbon around it, the ribbon wouldnt tie very tightly. when i flipped the fall over, my bun was sticking out and what not.. the foam wasnt looking so perky either =x

the strips of foam are less than a foot long annd i have 10 of em on a piece of ribbon for now. i had about 13 on the ribbon, but it wouldn't tie over my bun, so i pulled some out. i have at most two strips of rexlace tied in between each foam piece and thin pieces of tube and softglass in between every other foam piece. oh and.. my hair is a few inches below shoulder length. wah i feel like such a nub ;; any advice would be greatly appreciated.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:34 pm

I've never made them myself, but have you checked out Shifuku's tutorial on making them? she uses bull clips instead of elastic.

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=383

if not, IKS has a tut on her website that may be of help
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

orchid

Post by orchid » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:42 pm

after fidgeting with the fall and rediscovering the miracle of bobby pins, i think i figured out some of the kinks, but i'm still having a problem with coverage. i noticed that some people install their foamies in 4 sections or in layers.. like shorter on top and longer foamies on the bottom. are 4 buns used for this method?

and thanks for the replies ></

orchid

Post by orchid » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:49 pm

here's a lame picture of the falls installed :] sorry it's not more detailed.. i figured out the layering thing too haha.. i'm such a nub.

thanks all for the help^^

Couture_Coiffure

Post by Couture_Coiffure » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:58 pm

These look very interesting. Kind of hard to see what they look like under your lovely head scarf.

Any chance you can take some more photos? And maybe put them in the 'Show-Off' section to share? *pokepokepoke*
Angel de'Vil Designs | Website | Shop | Blog | Facebook

cypherlox

Post by cypherlox » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:14 am

I use flat elastic because it never breaks and makes for a strong base - you can get it in any craft store in the sewing section. I also double knot my rexlace on my plastic falls. Hope that helps!
CypherLOX.com
Visit us on Facebook!
Visit us on Myspace!
Follow us on Twitter!

Cypherlox.com - Custom Falls & Extensions, Hair Making Supplies, Hair Dye, Goggles, Fuzzy Boot Covers and more!

BioMekanisk

Post by BioMekanisk » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:58 pm

I prefer elastic over anything else.
You can get it at Walmart in the fabric arts/craft section.

cyberloxshop

Post by cyberloxshop » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:56 am

I agree - elastic is the best thing to mount your falls on. It's available in lots of different thicknesses though, you just have to choose what's best for you! :)
http://www.Cyberloxshop.co.uk - Hair supplies & Cyberlox galore!
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cyberloxshop - come say hi!
We love fake hair, bright colours and everything cyber! :D Oh and, lots of creating!

Return to “Cyberlox, Foam, Tubing & ?!@#!”