Is it possible to make a wig out of foam?

xxdollface

Is it possible to make a wig out of foam?

Post by xxdollface » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:28 pm

If so, how would I go about making it? I plan on making it from a kanekalon wig that I just recently purchased. It's about to my neck with length. Is there anyway to keep the bangs and make everything else into a snazzy lookin' foam wig? :D Please help!

°«Belle»°

Re: Is it possible to make a wig out of foam?

Post by °«Belle»° » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:04 pm

Hey, I'm not sure if I'll be much help but seeing as no-one else has replied yet I may aswell give it a go!
I have no wig making skills but I have had plenty of foam installs that I have done myself so maybe it'll give you some ideas
This one was definately my favourite one. I had my jaw length hair corn-rowed to the back of my head so that the braids were not loose and hanging down. I had a very high undercut which helped. I sewed through the end of each piece of foam and then around the braid until it felt secure. I did poke my scalp with the needle a few times! :lol: I carried along each braid sewing the foam strips quite close together until the coverage was good. It was very simple but time consuming. I also used this method with plastic tubing but it didn't work as well. I think If you wanted to keep the fringe but didn't want to see any other loose hair then cutting the wig shorter would help. It may even be easier to get an empty wig base then sew foam all over and attach a fringe at the end.
I'd love to see photos of what you come up with!
'Because I'm way more HARDCORE!'
Mummy to Kodi Michelle Autumn and Erin Rose

dreadviolet

Re: Is it possible to make a wig out of foam?

Post by dreadviolet » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:19 pm

Yes it is possible. I've made one and a half (one was left unfinished and still is). Although this example includes also lox, wire loom and foam rubber cord.

I would suggest not to go as long as this. It goes quite heavy, even if (most of) the materials were light.

The good part is, you can really use your imagination and experiment with these kind of things.
Fake your hair - http://dreadviolet.com/
Dreadviolet Hair Creations & material supplies -
Dreadviolet Livejournal
Dreadviolet @ Facebook
Dreadviolet @ Google+

Return to “Cyberlox, Foam, Tubing & ?!@#!”