Smooth Tubing + Linkies?

skullgrl

Smooth Tubing + Linkies?

Post by skullgrl » Sat May 15, 2010 12:14 pm

I was browsing Ikickshins' webstore and I came across the smooth tubing. I wonder, has anyone tried feeding their hair through the tubing and then attaching the tubing at the top of the hair with a linkie? Doing a whole head like this would be crazy! :i6: But I'm sure a few accents with it (if possible) would look interesting.
Skullgrl.com
Art, Dolls, Gaming, Life

rivetlicker_

Re: Smooth Tubing + Linkies?

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sat May 15, 2010 10:31 pm

Personally, I don't believe they'd fit into a standard microring and close properly, but it's worth a try. You can always braid it in :)

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Sun May 16, 2010 11:41 am

I don't think they'd fit, but even if they would, I don't think it would be a good idea to use such a small section of your real hair to hold up the weight of the tubing. Would won't realize it with just a few strands, but tubing (really any kind of plastic install) is MUCH heavier than fake hair and is more prone to pulling it out at the roots.

For a full head, I always recommend braiding your real hair and tying plastic/tubing onto the braids. You'll get more volume than straight braiding it in, therefore you'll need less plastic and have to bear less weight.

For streaks, you can just double the plastic over and braid it down an inch or so.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

Miss Liberty

Post by Miss Liberty » Sun May 16, 2010 5:20 pm

I also believe there was a thread a LONG time ago on the old board where someone used heat shrink tubing over their real hair. Their issue was that when their real hair got wet it did not have proper enough exposure to air out, thus would not dry in a timely fashion. This lead to a molding problem if I am remembering correctly.

I am not sure if a microlink/tubing install would be prone to the same thing, but it may not be worth risking it.

skullgrl

Post by skullgrl » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:52 am

Bleh molding - no fun. Thanks for your input everyone :D
Skullgrl.com
Art, Dolls, Gaming, Life

Return to “Cyberlox, Foam, Tubing & ?!@#!”