Installing Fringe Tracks

VibrantDoll

Installing Fringe Tracks

Post by VibrantDoll » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:20 am

Greetings gals, I've been away for a very long time and I had always been kicking around this idea. Now I'm wondering if any of you have tried it and or succeeded. And if so if you have any comments.

I am latino so I have curly hair naturally but as I get older it's taming down into waves. I'm lazy at heart and the idea of straightening my fringe every day makes me shudder. I'm in the process of ordering new dreads to install and I'm thinking when I go to the afro-shop to get them installed, that I might have them install a weave/tracks into my head to create a nice, full, thick betty style fringe with nice thick side chunks. Since I don't have afro style hair, I'm worried that doing something like this will look silly with the dreads. And if it didn't, I have no clue if I should get a human hair piece or a synth hair piece.

Comments? Advice? Tips?

Thanks!

VibrantDoll

Re: Installing Fringe Tracks

Post by VibrantDoll » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:58 pm

Bump. Still needing SOMEONE to help me with this.

Specter

Re: Installing Fringe Tracks

Post by Specter » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:34 pm

Alo!

I personally have had no experience with "installation" fringes that are weaved into on'e own hair... I'm going to attempt to hopefully answer this the best way I know how (and hopefully for the right question!) So here goes...

:o *takes deep breath* :o

I've "installed" 'tracks' into my sisters hair before (usually using glue... ICK btw) but what we've noticed is that for longs bangs and such (still never done a "fringe" before, just long bang tracks)it's better if you use real human hair, especially if you are going to wear it for a long time. :?

Synthetic hair can get quite itchy, especially on your forehead and cheek areas, since that's where the "points" or ends of the hairs are... My friends face got quite irritated by a fringe that way... :cry:

Personally, I LOVE 'extensions' because they are removable and allow me also to be lazy! HAH! (and alas, I have a day job that won't let me be pretty! :i9: ) and I've seen lots of 'hairbands', or fabric headbands attached to fringes that might be good for you. That way, you can take them off if need be, alleiviating (spelling?) the possiblilty of looking silly, and paying for it without knowing first... And you can change colors! Yay! :i2: :i2: :i2:

Also, I've heard (since I don't ever wear dreads) that the hairband can somehow make wearing the dreads (or having them) more comfortable by reducing the pressure...

I have made some fringes with human hair tracks, and they are pretty easy to make when attaching to the hairband, but obviously a bit more expensive... You may even be able to find a pre-cut fringe that you'd just open up and sew onto a hairband! :i9:

The overall result seems to be pretty darned cool though *^_^*

Hope that helps a little... If not, excuse my ranting... I've had caffiene! :mrgreen:

:twisted: ~Specter :twisted:
"We gladly feast on those who would subdue us!" ~Addams Family Creedo

Return to “Wigs & Pieces”