a PO wig question

MistressH

a PO wig question

Post by MistressH » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:48 am

ive seen a gorgeous wig on PO on ebay that id love to makemy first everdread wig with now i know they come recommended by just about everyone on here, the wig auction says...

All of our Wigs are Hand Made by top quality Japanese Monofilament top and Kanekalon Fiber and KNITTING the synthetic fiber in human hair way, made the hair just the like human hair, in fact , the material is synthetic fiber and it is non-flammable.

so before i click buy now this is the right thing to buy right?

Also what are the best teqhniques for adding other colours to the wig? this si the one ive seen i just love the colour!

Ice_Pick_Abortions

Re: a PO wig question

Post by Ice_Pick_Abortions » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:56 pm

if you're turning it into a dread wig, there's not much point to buying a wig with such length. to add other colours, you can make dreads and sew them into the base.
"I have had many troubles, most of which never happened." - Mark Twain
"Let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth."

In the ranks of the Indecisive Army..

MistressH

Post by MistressH » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:11 pm

Ice_Pick_Abortions wrote:if you're turning it into a dread wig, there's not much point to buying a wig with such length. to add other colours, you can make dreads and sew them into the base.
i want the dreads to be long though then i would probablyadd a little black here and there or another colour undecided yet

ANNloses

Post by ANNloses » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:23 pm

To be honest, Professional Only is nice and has a lot of different styles, but I don't use them for dread wigs. They're expensive, and have so little hair on their wefts. The wig may be long now, but when you end up backcombing it into your sections, each backcombed section will be at the most 4 inches long.

I agree, that wig is a lovely color. But after backcombing it, I think you could just get transitionals with that color, if anything. It's also a layered wig. Because of this, the layers on the top are shorter, so it'll be even shorter transitional dread sections on the top.

I personally recommend finding a wig carrier with more hair on the wigs.

kezerb

Post by kezerb » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:15 pm

Who do you use ANNloses?

ANNloses

Post by ANNloses » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:34 am

Tons of Ebay stores. A lot of the stores ended up closing though, I don't know why. :/ fml555 used to have a good amount of hair on their wigs, but they closed.

MistressH

Post by MistressH » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:27 am

i think im in love with that wig now ill probably end up buying it anyway :lol:

i am going to look for a black one probably that i can stitch extra dreads into not sure im adventurous enough to start from scrath with a cap :? unless i dig out the first set of dreads i made and use those to practice with :idea: they were ok just bigger than i like them now

MistressH

Post by MistressH » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:19 pm

just to add they do now do a tailor made service

ANNloses

Post by ANNloses » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:24 pm

MistressH wrote:just to add they do now do a tailor made service
Every single time I've contacted them to make me custom wigs, in LARGE BULK, they said that they're not available for that service right now. :/ It's like they don't want my money!

cherrygloom

Post by cherrygloom » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:48 pm

I have made a dreadwig out of that wig (I had brushed it too much and the webbing was showing at the back so I decided to reincarnate it!). This is it halfway through it's construction...

There's barely enough hair for any proper dreads, I had to candycane in a lot of KK for thickness then sew loads of SEs in the back to cover up the webbing. I should also warn that although this wig seals ok it doesn't melt very well for finishing off ends :S sadly I have yet to find a KK that matches the colour of this wig exactly either. If anyone knows of an exact match please let me know!

[Tank]

Post by [Tank] » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:47 pm

It looks a bit like disco pink from afrocare to me... maybe that blended with a bit of neon violet?
To begin with, a dog is not mad. you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I am mad.

rusty79

Post by rusty79 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:11 pm

hello all,
I just wanted to let you know about this great site I found that has wigs just like what the movie stars wear!

That way you can have a great hair day, every day!
for a new look......lace front wigs

MistressH

Post by MistressH » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:26 pm

rusty79 wrote:hello all,
I just wanted to let you know about this great site I found that has wigs just like what the movie stars wear!

wouldnt happen to be your site would it :lol: id personally post in the introduction thread before starting to peddle my wares

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:07 pm

MistressH wrote:
rusty79 wrote:hello all,

wouldnt happen to be your site would it :lol: id personally post in the introduction thread before starting to peddle my wares
i looked oh the "great" website - $599 per wig!!! hahahahahaha watch me dread THAT! :i6:
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

XxDigitalDolliexX

Post by XxDigitalDolliexX » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:18 am

I bought 2 wigs from that ebay seller this magenta one and a short purple one meaning to make wigs out of them but when I got the pink one I feel in love with it.
this purple one on the other hand I dont love
I will be attempting to make a dread wig outta this one. I wish that that pink wig tutorial was on here again with all the pics.I tried to make one once using that tutorial it was kinda hard though.DE Wigs are alot of work! or maybe Im just doing it all wrong:(
He who rules the spice,Rules the world!
Let the spice flow
-Dune

Come say hi!
lil bit o'bouts me!
Buy my Stuff!

Return to “Wigs & Pieces”