Synthetic Wig with Wool Dreads?

Dowch

Synthetic Wig with Wool Dreads?

Post by Dowch » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:08 am

Had anyone ever made a wig with wool dreads on a synthetic wig base?

IKickShins

Re: Synthetic Wig with Wool Dreads?

Post by IKickShins » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:10 am

I haven't done it, but the way you'd do it is either braid the wool dreads onto the wig base the same as an install and then sew in more to fill the gaps, or cut the hair off the wig (except for the fringe or anything else you want to keep) and sew all of the wool dreads directly onto it.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:44 am

I made this wig by braiding in everything. To braid each piece in, grab no more than 3 layers of weft in a row and just split off the sections in a bricklayer fashion. That way, you'll get good coverage. You can sew the bits at the top of the wig onto the lace. Just carefully unpick the weft off the top and leave enough for the fringe.

Dowch

Post by Dowch » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:21 pm

THANKS LADIES!!!! I LOVE that wig!! :i2: I'm making a green bay packers wig for a friend and he's got a HUGE noggin, lots of area to cover! I'm thinking big FLUFFY yellow woolies braided into a green synthetic wig :D I'm glad it's been done and looks so good! I was worried about the matte and high gloss mix but not anymore :)

Return to “Wigs & Pieces”