Reversible clip-in extensions

[Phexxie]

Reversible clip-in extensions

Post by [Phexxie] » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:00 pm

I'm currently wearing clip in extensions, all one colour since my hair is blonde

However, over the next few days I am dying it lilac, and my extensions to match
I want a black streak at the front of my hair on one side (so if I have a side part, it looks like my hair is half-n-half)

This sounds easy, just dye a streak into the extensions on one side, right?
Well... here's where it gets complicated

I have a deathhawk, and occasionally wear my hair over on one side, exposing the shaved part
I will put my extensions in on one side, going up over my head rather than splitting them over both sides

With this black streak, if I do that the streak in the extensions would be at the back of my head and not the front, which although it might look ok, I don't want

I'm thinking the only way to combat this is going to be to have my extensions somehow 'reversible', so I can clip them both ways round depending if I have my hair on one side or parted in the middle

The simple answer, to me, is to simply sew and other clip on the back of the one already in place... so the extension picec will have two clips per side
However, this will leave whichever clip isn't in use exposed instead of against my head
It will be hidden by the hair over the top, but I'm worried it may still be quite visible and my hair will get caught in the exposed teeth of the clip

Does anyone happen to have any ideas on a better, more efficient way of doing this??

Miss Liberty

Re: Reversible clip-in extensions

Post by Miss Liberty » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:50 pm

I would also think a concern would be, if the extensions are black on one side and lilac on the other, the darker color will still poke thru from underneath pretty easily. I think it would be tough to hide black with a lighter color.

[Phexxie]

Post by [Phexxie] » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:14 pm

Oh that doesn't bother me, I want the black to show, once it's all dyed it should look like just one black streak at the front

danixdorko

Post by danixdorko » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Hmm that is a tough-y. My thought would be if you had any extra weft lying around, color that black and make a separate little black streak that you can clip into the front rather than having be on one that you wear regularly.
Other than that I'd worry too that your hair would get caught in the exposed clip or it would be visible..
-Indecisive Army-

Sunshine Button.

[Phexxie]

Post by [Phexxie] » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:25 pm

That's really not a bad idea, but I'm all out of weft :(
I can't even use kirby grips/bobby pins temporarily because they just slip out of my hair

Bloody hell, this is annoying haha, and I have only a day left to work it out :/

Return to “Wigs & Pieces”