Synthetic wig styling

Miss Spookiness

Synthetic wig styling

Post by Miss Spookiness » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:58 pm

Hi everyone, i really want to have another interesting wig.
I have a few professional only ones, but they're pretty standard as they are, and i get a bit bored, i was looking around and found a girl on Etsy who seems to have some lovely wigs, but as i looked through im sure i spotted one of the wigs I have, which i bought for £10 / £12 on sale for from her for $49 (i think )
And i just thought, well i already have that wig, i'm not too bad at styling hair, so i might aswell customise one of my own wigs, but i dont know how to do it.
I saw this one ( link below ), and its beautiful, from the photos on the listing where she sells it one of the photos its more or less flat, but in the main photo she's teased it alot, and it looks really nice, i really want to recreate this wig with the wig I have, which looks almost the same, if not identical.
How can i style a wig to do this? What products and techniques do I need to use on the kanekalon wig? I think ill definately have to add some wefts, or a rat for volume, but i can do that no problem.
Ive looked on, is it katie bairs site? Sorry if ive mispelt that, but most tutorials arent availble.
Please can someone help me?

This is the look i want to get

Vicsarina

Re: Synthetic wig styling

Post by Vicsarina » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:54 pm

I'm just wondering, but are you certain that is a wig? It looks darker and discoloured at the roots as though they didn't bleach it for very long and then dyed over it. If it isn't a wig, it looks like there are quite few extensions in there to give her extra huge hair. Can't be certain however.

Have you got the original listing?
*Rule Obsessor*

Librarynerd

Post by Librarynerd » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:03 pm

I'd recommend buying some cheapo party wigs to play with. Then you can try out different styling techniques without worrying your going to ruin a nice wig.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/jeanween23

XXXX I used to be disgusted. Now I try to be amused. XXXX

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:03 pm

Erm, you can steam KK wigs to get the curls and stuff but thats about all I know!
"Distant beavers sound the alarm"

"Its not stylish if you look witty."

NirvanaMarie

Post by NirvanaMarie » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:09 pm

You can use a steamer to create some lift as well with the directioning of the hair. There is a lot of hair on that, so more hair would be needed. Plus lots of backcombing!

brookerapozo

Post by brookerapozo » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:29 pm

Aww that's murderotic! I don't think its a wig but she does sometimes use synthetic extensions

Miss Spookiness

Post by Miss Spookiness » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:11 am

Thanks for the tips, it says its a wig on her etsy listing, its the photo for buying it, will have a go with the tips you guys have given me xx

brandalynn

Post by brandalynn » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:15 am

Backcomb at the roots then smooth the top hair over to hide the backcombing.
"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes" --- bumper sticker---

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:46 am

Miss Spookiness wrote:Thanks for the tips, it says its a wig on her etsy listing, its the photo for buying it, will have a go with the tips you guys have given me xx
There are wig sellers on Etsy that use pictures of real hair, extensions, etc and claim they're wigs when they're not. You can usually spot them because their shops will either be very new (they close down and reopen under new names when enough people catch on), or they have lots of negatives and neutrals about the quality being lower than expected, or the wig not looking like the picture.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

Lamie

Post by Lamie » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:00 am

^What IKS said.

Return to “Wigs & Pieces”