Where to get my first lace front?

xdnyhair

Where to get my first lace front?

Post by xdnyhair » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:00 am

I'm not sure if this is allowed here, since it's not about making a wig, but I'll go ahead and try!

So I'm in the market for a lace front wig. I mostly want it to study the construction of a lace front wig, but I also want to be able to wear it out - not every day, it DEFINITELY doesn't need to be human hair or very high quality - but I'd like to maybe wear it to a club or something fun like that.

I know it's always better to purchase a wig in person, but all the beauty supply and wig shops in my area are ethnic shops, and don't carry blonde wigs. Does anybody have experience with any eBay sellers or online stores that you could share with me? I've got my eye on a few on eBay but I wanted to know if there are any I should focus on first.

Thanks!

kitcupcake

Re: Where to get my first lace front?

Post by kitcupcake » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:40 am

Have you tried asking any of your local shops to order a wig for you? I'm the only white girl that shops at any of my local hair suppliers [and there's currently four of them in town] and most places will let me order specific things in. I find a wig I like [cut, length, style, etc.etc.] and just ask them to order it in a #130 or a #613 or whatever color. If that particular wig doesn't come in the color I want, I either try again with a different wig I like or ask which styles do come in the color I'm looking for. Most places will let me change my mind if I don't like it in person, though you obviously don't want to do that too often. Even if they don't sell it to me, there's always a couple of adventurous ladies that venture in and are willing to try a black and pink wig I passed out. It's definitely worth asking; they can't tell you no if you don't ever ask in the first place!

Maybe try posting in the "want to buy" section, you might be able to get better input on online shops there. Hope this all helps!

UrbanHairDesigns

Re: Where to get my first lace front?

Post by UrbanHairDesigns » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:06 pm

We sell normal wigs and full lace wigs but I could special order a quality lace front for you if you want.
http://www.ModernSophistication.com
Tailor made hair additions

Return to “Wigs & Pieces”