Mohawk style wig or clip ins?

LevanaMalum

Mohawk style wig or clip ins?

Post by LevanaMalum » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:42 am

(Sorry if this is in the wrong section) I'm looking to create some sort of wig or clip ins for my mohawk haircut but I'm not quite sure how to work this out since my natural hair is curly and frizzy as all get out. Any advice on how to shape the netting for a wig? Would a wig or clip ins be better? How would I go about installing either so my hair doesn't show through? Thanks in advance. :D

Couture_Coiffure

Re: Mohawk style wig or clip ins?

Post by Couture_Coiffure » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:30 pm

Honestly I would suggest doing clip-in extensions, as making a wig base for a mohawk can be a bit fiddly. I did it once and had no clips on it; it was just wefts mounted to a stretchy piece of fabric. It wasn't too hard keeping my hair hidden because it was short at the time, but I would imagine more length - and as you mentioned curls - would make that more difficult.

Having said all that, there should be a tutorial around here on how to make your own clip-in wefts. You might be able to get them to match your own hair texture, or you could just straighten your hair so things blend better.

Once you have the clip-ins made, start at the back of your head about an inch or so above your nape, section your hair horizontally and snap the clips in. Repeat until you are at the top; I would suggest leaving about one inch at the front free and either glue in one or two wefts, or just use your own hair to cover the extensions.

Hope this helps. :)
Angel de'Vil Designs | Website | Shop | Blog | Facebook

Return to “Wigs & Pieces”