Wig arrived - no net just the wefts!

emmyk89

Wig arrived - no net just the wefts!

Post by emmyk89 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:35 pm

Hey guys ordered a wig and it came today i was going to make a dread wig with it by attaching already made dreads to the net and also using the hair on it. However ive had a look at it and it doesnt have a net , its basically just the wefts attached to strips of elastic. Only the top is netted. Here is a pic:

So im not really sure on how i would attach the already made dreads to it.... Can anyone give me any tips on how i would do this?
Also how will i section the hair to be backcombed without the wig..bunching (if thats the word) would using a max of 2 wefts per dread section be ok? i.e grabbing hair from 2 wefts per section (if you understand what i mean!)

Thansk guys :)
Last edited by emmyk89 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

starlotus

Re: Wig arrived - no net just the wefts!

Post by starlotus » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:37 pm

I've made dread wigs that were like that underneath, but I make my dreads like SEs directly onto the wefts. I imagine you could sew pre-made dreads onto them, but I could be wrong since I've never tried it that way.

emmyk89

Post by emmyk89 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:43 pm

Ahh right yeh i see how that would work, thanks :)

I have made alot of DE's you see so i was just thinking i could maybe fold the dread over the wefts and then use a few clear rubber bands at the top of it to hold it in place.. maybe?

starlotus

Post by starlotus » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:47 pm

Yeah, I could totally see that working :) But I would only attach it to one weft at a time, because if you squish the wefts together, you're going to make your wig smaller and you won't be able to wear it. I found that out the hard way once after spending a billion hours on a wig and then finding out it was useless because it was super tiny :(

emmyk89

Post by emmyk89 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:52 pm

starlotus wrote:Yeah, I could totally see that working :) But I would only attach it to one weft at a time, because if you squish the wefts together, you're going to make your wig smaller and you won't be able to wear it. I found that out the hard way once after spending a billion hours on a wig and then finding out it was useless because it was super tiny :(
oh no thats a shame! ill keep my eyes on that then :) What about actually dreading together bits of more than one weft, if i make sure its like.. not tight and pulling the wefts together?

Return to “Wigs & Pieces”