Help Creating a Custom Wig

killswitch_versai

Help Creating a Custom Wig

Post by killswitch_versai » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:47 pm

Hello everyone. I joined this forum because I have a question that no one can really answer for me.... I want to be Rogue for Halloween. You know, old-school, fluffy-haired, Southern belle mutant from the X-men who wears a green and yellow bodysuit with a flight jacket? Her. Well, I have found a perfect wig, and I don't want to ruin it using the wrong technique to achieve the look I want.... so I would like some advice for what I could do. I'm going to invest in a real human hair wig, and she has a white streak in it, the bangs and down the back of it to about midway. I needed to know if I could actually bleach it up to the white that I would like, or do I need to purchase another piece to attach to the front of it to achieve the look. Your advice and help is much appreciated!

Rogue and Gambit:

IKickShins

Re: Help Creating a Custom Wig

Post by IKickShins » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:52 pm

I'd recommend adding extra hair for the white. Human hair goes through a lot of processing before it's packaged and sold, so bleaching it can damage it very easily, especially if you're doing something as extreme as white.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

killswitch_versai

Post by killswitch_versai » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:39 pm

Forgive me for sounding like a total newb to the whole scene, this is my first full-blown costume and wig experiment. How exactly would I attach the hair? Just lace it in, or what? And how could I curl it to make it similar to the style I'm looking for? Thank you for your help! :)

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:15 pm

You can by white hair on wefts. It's a long line of hair sewn at the top. You can glue or sew the wefts onto a base. Human hair can then be curled and hair sprayed.

Example of hair on weft: http://ikickshins.net/images/whecw02.jpg

tammy123

Post by tammy123 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:13 pm

VixenSingsBlack wrote:You can by white hair on wefts. It's a long line of hair sewn at the top. You can glue or sew the wefts onto a base. Human hair can then be curled and hair sprayed.

Example of hair on weft: http://ikickshins.net/images/whecw02.jpg

Really thanks for providing me this stuff as for me it is important and it will be better for me as I am going to have extensions next month and it will be helpful for me to know.

Thanks

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:09 pm

On this page are some examples of wigs people have made for a rogue costume. It's got no directions on how to make them, but I thought some pic inspiration may help you. http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2010/06/16/ ... -heroines/

Return to “Wigs & Pieces”