Making a dread wig from non-synth dreads

zeara

Making a dread wig from non-synth dreads

Post by zeara » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:06 pm

I made myself a wonderful set of roving dreads in the fall and i love them to death. I had them installed twice, for a month each. But, as much as i loved them, it was such a pain to put them in, take them out, and keep my hair clean (my scalp got so gross and ichy!) I have also just cut my hair quite short, so no more installs of falls for a while.

So my question is:

How would you go about attaching already made roving DEs to a wig? I would also like to add some crin, and possibly some other stuff to it. I only want it to cover the back 3/4th of my head, leaving my bangs out. Should i buy a wig cap and just sew the stuff on? buy a crappy wig and braid in the DE's? what do you guys recommend?

I have never made a wig before.
"All my friends are murder
Hey, all my bones no marrows in
All these fiends want teenage meat
All my friends are murderers."

LittlePinkFaery

Re: Making a dread wig from non-synth dreads

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:28 pm

Whatever you want really, both ways work well. It depends if you want it to look like you have braided in dreads or not. If you braid some in you can also sew in to cover empty patches on the wig.

rivetlicker_

Re: Making a dread wig from non-synth dreads

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:35 pm

I recently did a wig full of yarn twists as well as some roving. I just blanketstitched it in. It doesn't look too bad, plus the braiding is neat.

Some of the braiding was replaced by twists :)

Return to “Wigs & Pieces”