HELP?: Need a Human Hair Wig & wanna color it PINK myself!

FahrLight

HELP?: Need a Human Hair Wig & wanna color it PINK myself!

Post by FahrLight » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:32 pm

Hey, there!

I am new. and I hope I don't damage any rules by posting this here (checked the rules double.)
I am a crazy hair-dyer. And my hair is so damaged, I can't go on with this.

So I planed to get me a HUMAN HAIR WIG. AND color it myself in Direcions-Carnation-Pink.
Now I tried to find out on the internet how to do it. But in fact no one seemes to know how.
Also I've found out that VIRGIN and REMY-Wigs are cover with some sort of portection, so you can't color them with directions.

My questions is now? How can I re-create my look with ha human hair wig?!
WHo can help me please!?
yupp, this is my REAL hair! Poor thing!

Thank you all very much!
Fahr :i3:

sammu

Re: HELP?: Need a Human Hair Wig & wanna color it PINK myself!

Post by sammu » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:33 pm

Why not buy a pink wig from Ebay?

FahrLight

Post by FahrLight » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:36 pm

Cuz they got NO human hair wigs in pink. Only synth. And I can't iron them and use hairspray and so.

sammu

Post by sammu » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:53 pm

Think about it. Your hair is damaged because you straighten it and use a ton of hairspray.

Human hair wigs are expensive.

You will ruin the wig, just like your hair.

I've seen a ton of synth pink wigs on Ebay in the style you have in the photo.

sammu

Post by sammu » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:58 pm

The only coating I know of on Remi hair prevents bleach from lightening the hair further. You can dye human hair/remi wigs. However I pointed out it's cheaper to get a pre-styled synth wig.

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Buy a remi/remy wig in a light color like #60 or #613. For deep pinks and reds, slightly darker shades like #22 will work as well, but be careful not to go too dark or you'll end up with more of a raspberry or burgundy version of whatever color dye you're using.

Try to find one that's straight instead of flipped out like in the picture -- if it's styled, there are products on it that are holding it in place, and you don't want that if you're going to be dying anything.

Pin the wig onto a wig head. It will be a messy pain in the neck if you try dying it while holding the wig in your hand, so it needs to be firmly mounted on something.

If the wig has wefts, I'd recommend applying the dye with a tint brush to each section individually (so start at the bottom, clip the rest out of the way, and work your way up). If it's a hand tied lace deal, just part the hair and work in small sections.

Once you rinse the dye out and let it dry completely, style the wig. Store it on a wig head to keep it from losing its shape; the more you style it, the more damage you'll do to it.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

Return to “Wigs & Pieces”