making felt faux roving dreads wavey??

PepperDreads

making felt faux roving dreads wavey??

Post by PepperDreads » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:41 am

I'm finally back and not working on our house, so now I can devote all my time to dread making! :i2:

I bought some faux roving (felted fabric) from VixenSingsBlack, and I was wondering if there was a way to make them textured or wavy? I've tried using a waving iron, but I guess that was a little dumb cause it's fabric :i9: I was thinking thinking possible hairspray, or hair glue? Id figure I would ask before I went gunking up my dreads. Any advise?
there are plenty of fish in the sea, but to many sharks..

LittlePinkFaery

Re: making felt faux roving dreads wavey??

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:28 pm

Pretty much not possible without it becoming icky or burnt! Wrapping round a rod and leaving it will temporarily give waves that ill eventually drop out.

PepperDreads

Post by PepperDreads » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:27 am

Thanks for telling me before I went and ruined them! :i2: I think I'll just let them be. It's better than ruining a perfectly good set of dreads. :i9:

Candied_Angel

Post by Candied_Angel » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:00 pm

May be a bit late but maybe you could try braiding them together, rinse them in warm - if not hot - water and let them hang dry? When you unbraid them, they should be relatively kinky...maybe...I haven't tried this but in my head it makes sense.
Striving for social imperfection since 1990.

PepperDreads

Post by PepperDreads » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:50 am

Actually that does make sense! I do still have them, but I put them away in the closet for now (wearing them on the street where I live, I get a lot of trash from other people) I'll be staying up for a while now, so I will try that and upload some pics after I got them all finished. We'll have to see how these turn out, and possibly this can help out others here on the topic! :i2:

Return to “Roving & Wool”