My dreads are too tight...

Cerkitboard

My dreads are too tight...

Post by Cerkitboard » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:58 pm

Hi there guys, I bought an absolutely beautiful set of roving dreads from a friend. They look stunning, the colours are amazing, and they're very hard wearing... but that's the problem. They are too hard wearing! I can't bend them into any shape, and they don't hang very well. They sort of stick out every which way when i braid them in. I can't make them into falls because they don't "fall" and they're VERY stiff.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to stop this? I am afraid of putting them in the wash incase they shrink even more and tighten up even more!
Rajanadooagolawookienipplepinchy!

MrsEss

Re: My dreads are too tight...

Post by MrsEss » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:12 pm

wear them - they loosen up & get squishy....it's just one of those things when it comes to well fleted roving. i always give mine a pretty violent shake to loosen them before installing.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Cerkitboard

Post by Cerkitboard » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:14 pm

Thanks hun! I have given them a wash (cause they're about 2 years old and smell a bit funny) so I'll give them some rough treatment over the next week before I have to install them!

Thankyou for replying! xXx
Rajanadooagolawookienipplepinchy!

Squidgy

Post by Squidgy » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:14 pm

Cerkitboard wrote:Thanks hun! I have given them a wash (cause they're about 2 years old and smell a bit funny) so I'll give them some rough treatment over the next week before I have to install them!

Thankyou for replying! xXx
Yeah give them a wash hun but dont re-roll thyem as this will tighten them more, and don't tumble dry them as the heat will tighten them...

They do flatten down more after you have warn/ slept on them again!!
"I don't follow no religion, bow to the DJ, worship the riddum!!" ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬

Return to “Roving & Wool”