Help for first time braiding!

Tashayarna

Help for first time braiding!

Post by Tashayarna » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:53 pm

I’ve been trying to find someone in my local area to install some braids with kk, but I’m failing ^^; so I decided to *try* and teach my BF how to do it, But we failed kinda ^^ so I had a few questions…

1. My hair is short (chin length) and I wanted the KK to end sort of shoulder length, only my BF thinks it doesn’t look right, as my hair is blonde and the KK I want in is white/pink, and you can really see were my hair stops and the part that’s all KK begins.
So is that normal? Or is it a case that I’m using too much of my hair in each braid, and not enough KK?

2. How many bags will I need to do a full installation? I’ve got 3 altogether.

3. Are there any other Braiding tutorials that are like REALLY idiot proof? (not saying my BF is an idiot… but yeah lol)

Thank you ^_^

IKickShins

Re: Help for first time braiding!

Post by IKickShins » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:41 pm

1. Its normal. You can try using smaller sections of your hair, but be careful not to make them too small -- if you don't use enough hair to handle the weight of the extensions, then it might start pulling out at the roots. If you can get ahold of some brown hair, it will make it less obvious if you include a tiny streak of it in each braid so that there's brown going all the way down. Virtually any hair you can find will work for braids. If you've got a Sally Beauty nearby, they might have brown jumbo braid (the selection depends on the area, though. The Sally's by my mom's house only has black, but the one by me has black, browns, and some blondes).

2. You might need more than 3. I usually use around 5.

3. I've got one here that has a diagram and pictures:
http://ikickshins.net/hairguide/braidhowto.htm
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

davendor

Post by davendor » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:49 pm

I use between 6-8 bags when I'm doing someone's head. Depends on how much hair you have on your head, and how big you want the braids. You may find that the braids will slip out easily after a few days in hair only about 1-2inches long unless you box-braid it a little - if your hair is quite short in some areas use some extra rubber bands.

Tashayarna

Post by Tashayarna » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:08 pm

Thank you!! ^_^ that helps allot! and that tutorial is much clearer thank you! I shall try again! and not give up until I am braid-u-lated!

Return to “Braids & Twists”