Braids Without the Headache?

Zombielicious

Braids Without the Headache?

Post by Zombielicious » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:48 am

So, once again I am doing braid-in extensions in my hair. :i2:
Last time, though I loved the braids to death, I had to take them out after only a few days because the headache was excruciating and I couldn't sleep for the uncomfortable lumps. This time around I've invested in a dread band for the lumps and a scalp cooling spray in hopes of some numbing qualities, but aside from massive amounts of pain killers I couldn't think of anything.
Help?
Thanks.
-Lyds

Sophrodisiac

Re: Braids Without the Headache?

Post by Sophrodisiac » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:53 pm

They might be too tight, you could try braiding slightly looser next time and it might help?
I like bubbles.. :)
Dread it and Rave
SOPHI BUBBLE =)

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:42 am

Try making them shorter. Shorter braids = less hair, less weight, and less stress on your scalp :)
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

Zombielicious

Post by Zombielicious » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:13 pm

Thank you both for your sound advice. They have been rather tight, and almost to my waist the first time. I'll try both making them a smidge looser and shorter.
:D

SugarAddict

Post by SugarAddict » Sun May 17, 2009 8:10 pm

You could allso make them thinner aka less synth hair per part real hair. It'll reduce the weight too.

/J

Squidgy

Post by Squidgy » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:16 pm

Also as well, I don't know where you are from but I suffer terribly with headaches and migraines, and dreads don't help...
I recebtly found this wonderful stick called Migra-Stick, it is similar to the $Head shite, but instead of stinign etc it actually works.
All the migra-stick is is a little 3ml tube with a metal ball, nmade with lavender and peppermint oils, it can be used on the head and neck and is great for releaving tension, i swear by it now.. its only a fiver... I have about 3 of em now, one at wok, one on the go, etc etc!! :)
"I don't follow no religion, bow to the DJ, worship the riddum!!" ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:21 pm

also slightly bigger sections will mean less braids, which means less hair, which means less weight
telling it like it is!

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:39 pm

If you really love the length, opt for a more layered style with the main length down the back and the top layers falling around your face and shoulders. Not only will this keep the length while staying light, it will also hang better when not tied back and take less time to do. :)
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

FORLOXSAKE

Post by FORLOXSAKE » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:33 pm

helloooo,,,
aaaw,,thats a shame,,were u in pain whilst having the braids done???? if u were then chances r the braids were way too tight,,some ppl have a sensitive scalp & if u r prone to the odd headache braids will definately be a contributing factor,,the girls have all given u very good advice,,larger sections,,less fiber,,keep em shorter & use a good quality lightweight fiber,,sadly there r some brutal technicians around,,i would look for sum1 who perfected their skills on sleeping children,, :roll: this may be of interest,,a womans pain threshold is highest the week after mensturating & at its lowest the week b4,,
better luck next time,,xoxox

Lady J

Post by Lady J » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:31 pm

if you let someone do the braids then readjust until you'd feel more comfortable. painful braids might cause your hair stress and after which might result to hair loss.
Fixing problems with your hair, alopecia and others.

Return to “Braids & Twists”