some questions

raeka

some questions

Post by raeka » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:48 am

well i can't see an FAQ for braids and i am away to do them for a friend and she has a few for you guys

1. how many bags of KK will she need to get for a full head and what's better... jumbo or silky?

2. can she get her hair wet? (she takes her kid swimming a lot)

3. how long can she keep them in before they would need redone?
25 days left...
...omgwtflaserpewpewpewpew...

MySpace
// Bebo // VampireFreaks

IKickShins

Re: some questions

Post by IKickShins » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:34 am

1. Depends on how long they are.

2. Yes, she can get them wet. It's best to tie them up out of the way, though, since the water will make them very heavy.

3. 1-3 months.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

raeka

Post by raeka » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:39 am

well she's the one on the right:

i am guessing that her straightened hair would be like boob length so i'd be using the full folded 24" of the KK
25 days left...

MySpace
// Bebo // VampireFreaks

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:38 pm

I would use between 5 and 10 bags for a full head of full length braids depending on how big their head is and how small they want the sections.

You can just use jumbo, it is easier to braid with, and no need for the extra expense of silky, but if you can only get a colour you want in silky it will be fine.

She would be best to tie them out of the way when swimming. If she gets them wet repeatedly and they don't dry out completely in between they could go mouldy
telling it like it is!

raeka

Post by raeka » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:02 pm

MissAnthropik wrote:If she gets them wet repeatedly and they don't dry out completely in between they could go mouldy
wow that's disgusting :lol:
25 days left...

MySpace
// Bebo // VampireFreaks

Funkyrapunzels

Post by Funkyrapunzels » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:21 pm

When I had braids in I used to swim twice a week, I used to tie them up on top of my head in a big bun, to keep them out of the water as much as possible. If they do get wet it's important to rinse them really well with water to ensure all the chemicals are out. They get very heavy when wet also, which is something to bear in mind, and they take ages to dry.....

hatemekillme

Post by hatemekillme » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:18 am

My friend monique did braids in her hair a couple weeks ago and she used like 15 bags of hair.....The braids went all the way down to her ass though and the hair was VERY thick....It looked amazing though....But if you are doing your hair short I wouldnt think it would take too much....

FORLOXSAKE

Post by FORLOXSAKE » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:56 pm

hellooooo
as long as the hair dries inbetween swims it shouldnt go mouldy,,its not advisable to sleep,wear a hat or have the braids tied up whilst they r wet as they will stay wet for longer,,a braid spray would be beneficial if shes a water baby,,
its kind of tricky when guesstimating how many bags u will need,generally i average between 6 & 8,,depending on how thick the clients hair is & also the size of their head,,lololol,,also the amount of fibre in the packs can quite often vary,its always better to have too much than not enuff,,
12 weeks give or take is the average life expectancy for braids,,
:i12:

Return to “Braids & Twists”