hair for braiding

ScarletLady

hair for braiding

Post by ScarletLady » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:16 pm

if i wanted to have braided extensions done with human hair what sort of hair would i need to get? do i buy weft and cut it off the track or buy loose hair or something else??

am new to this and wanted braided extensions. i'm just trying to find out whether it would be best to use KK or human hair - am weighing up the options in terms of cost, aesthetics etc :D

thanks girlies
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

MissAnthropik

Re: hair for braiding

Post by MissAnthropik » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:41 pm

Is there a reason you want human hair? To braid hair in you need to fold it over at the top, so would need double the length of hair that you want the braids to be (OK, it doesn't have to be double exactly, but it needs to fold over), and since human hair gets more expensive the longer it gets it seems to me you would be wasting money on getting human hair, unless there is some particular reason you want it
telling it like it is!

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:41 pm

The longest human hair I've ever come across is 30 inches, and it was around $150-200 per bag -- so if you used human hair, you'd have to $1600-$2000 just for the hair and it would only be around shoulder length.

I'd strongly suggest using synthetic hair instead. If you are planning to leave them open-ended and are concerned about tangles, you can always use monofiber.

If you're braiding down the entire length, you don't even need to use kk. PP jumbo baid will work fine.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:02 am

That's fine - i knew it would be expensive (didn't realise it wouild be that much tho :shock: ) was just curious
forgot about having to double it over as well. D'OH! :roll:

i've got plenty of KK at home so i'll just use that

thanks girls :D
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

Return to “Braids & Twists”