How to make loose kanekalon braids like this?

lustfullocks

How to make loose kanekalon braids like this?

Post by lustfullocks » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:45 pm

Hey guys, i'm pretty sure this has probably been posted somewhere, and maybe i'm just not looking for the right things to search for it, but can anyone give me some advice on making something sort of like this? I'm guessing it's gotta be attached to some kind of wig, or cap, but how would you go about attaching this to something and making it look neat like this?

<3
http://www.lustfullocks.com
Dreadfalls, Cyberloxs, combo-locks, DIY hair, accessories, tutorials and more!
FB -http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pag ... 1157308260

Ice_Pick_Abortions

Re: How to make loose kanekalon braids like this?

Post by Ice_Pick_Abortions » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:05 pm

Have you checked out Little Pink Faery's latest show off? She does similar big hair pieces so you could ask her how she mounts them

To me, that pic just looks like lots of back combed KK, some has been twisted slightly and some has been braided. I don't think there's a huge deal of technique to it as such but I'm no expert on the style and I have no idea about wigs!
"I have had many troubles, most of which never happened." - Mark Twain
"Let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth."

In the ranks of the Indecisive Army..

IKickShins

Re: How to make loose kanekalon braids like this?

Post by IKickShins » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:14 pm

I'm pretty sure it's a wig. You'd want to either make a wig from scratch and add kk to it, or start out with a good quality kk wig (like Professional Only -- nothing too shiny), add kk to it, and tease everything up. I'm guessing they cut all of the hair except the bangs off of a wig for that particular picture since the rest of the hair doesn't match, though it's hard to say for sure without seeing what's going on in the back.

I agree with IPA about the styling. It looks like it's all just teased like crazy. You could get some of the chunky bits by treating it like you're backcombing dreads, like tease the whole thing in general but grab a few sections and backcomb them into solid chunks. Then braid a few random sections and you'll be good to go.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

Return to “Braids & Twists”