Braid falls

Aemelia

Braid falls

Post by Aemelia » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:12 pm

I tried searching for this but couldn't find anything. I'm planning to make some braid falls in the near future and I'm wondering how they would attach to the little elastic hairbands. My first thought was to braid directly onto the band, however I can't see how ~50 braids would fit that way. So what's the best way to create braid falls with the elastic hairbands?

brandalynn

Re: Braid falls

Post by brandalynn » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:03 pm

I make double ended braids that way I can install them or use them as falls. It also makes them easier to fold over a hair elastic or lace. I thought there was a tutorial on here......I'll have to look.
"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes" --- bumper sticker---

Aemelia

Post by Aemelia » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:10 am

Thanks. If you find the tutorial, I'd love to see it.

If you use double-ended braids for falls how did you attach them? I was thinking rubber bands but I don't like the wrapped rubber band look and can't find any small enough to hold the first time around.

brandalynn

Post by brandalynn » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:23 am

You can use a hangar to make the braids, cut the elastic band, mount the braids and resew. If you go through all that, you may as well just make them on the elastic though. When I make the double ended braids for falls, I use clear rubber bands or embroidery thread that matches the braid. I didn't find a specific tutorial for this, but this tutorial shows how to make the braids on a hangar. viewtopic.php?f=63&t=10731
Hope that helps at all. :|
"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes" --- bumper sticker---

Aemelia

Post by Aemelia » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:41 am

Thanks for your help. I think I'll try to find really tiny clear rubber bands again, and if that fails it sounds like braiding onto the elastic band is worth a try.. who knows, maybe 50 will fit on it. :)

Return to “Braids & Twists”