twists

cristina1226

twists

Post by cristina1226 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:25 am

Hi my name is Cristina and i am new in here :D ..i like the way twists look and i wanted to know if once they are put in do they brake off or damage my hair, if they fell heavy and how long is okay to have them for , can hair be washed??? :?:

brandalynn

Re: twists

Post by brandalynn » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:47 pm

Once the twists are in, it shouldn't damage your hair. As for how long to keep them in and washing differs from person to person. Some people keep them in for a couple months, I only keep them in for a couple weeks. I wash my scalp every other day when I have them in and wash the twists only if they smell like unwashed hair because they take a bit longer to dry than loose hair. Different people will have their preferred methods, and alot has to do with your hair/scalp type. The longer your twists and the more you have in, the heavier it will feel. If it's your first install, stay at about shoulder length to see if it is worth it for you. Hope that helps, good luck, and welcome! :D
"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes" --- bumper sticker---

FORLOXSAKE

Post by FORLOXSAKE » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm

helloooo,
I find twists tend to have a slightly shorter life expectancy than braids,,8wks on average,,there isnt much risk of breakage with an experienced technician,,its advisable to get some tips on removal if u will be doing that urself,,good quality fiber is very lightweight,,u will prolly only notice the weight when its wet,,i agree with Brandalynn about not having them too long if its ur 1st time,
good luck with it,,, :roll:

Lacerated__Sky

Post by Lacerated__Sky » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:05 am

This is gonna be a tough one.

I have a devil-lock haircut (google it), and am looking for a way to secure a small set of twisted yarn falls in the back or something. Any tips would be much appreciated!

Return to “Braids & Twists”