Comments and suggestions

LittlePinkFaery

Comments and suggestions

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:33 am

This sub forum will open in a couple of days when you have navigated your way around the new hall of fame- if you want to make a comment about it or a suggestion- please do so here only :)

This is a temorary sub forum and when it has served its purpose we will close it again.

Thank you!

EDIT: now open! If you are making suggestions be constructive- we may not change anything but suggestions will be considered.

I hope it is working for you and you like it :)

starlight

Re: All comments in this thread please!

Post by starlight » Sun May 03, 2009 10:32 pm

Only thing I'd like is if the 'best of' galleries were just a sticky at the top of the relevant page, rather than being in a new sub forum.. since it's just the one thread in there it doesn't make a lot of sense to me :)

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Mon May 04, 2009 8:39 am

we did discuss doing that- however noe it is a sub forum, we are unable to move the threads in it.

but yeah, you idea was discussed. However, the reason we went for sub forums is because some of them will be very popiular (synth dreads!) and we are considering capping them at a certain amount and starting a 'markII'thread for it. In the future, we may end up with several sticky threads onthe main page, making peoples individual posts slide further down- does that make sense? so the subforum was used to keep itneat.

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Zombie Strawberries

Post by Zombie Strawberries » Mon May 04, 2009 11:02 pm

Maybe a "Dyed Hair" part...
It'll be great, lots of people ask what brand gives what color and etc...
maybe not just individual galleries but a "Red", "Pink" "Rainbow" etc. part too, where people could say "I used SFX nuclear Red on stripped hair originly black..." that kind of stuff.

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Tue May 05, 2009 2:58 am

Zombie Strawberries wrote:Maybe a "Dyed Hair" part...
It'll be great, lots of people ask what brand gives what color and etc...
maybe not just individual galleries but a "Red", "Pink" "Rainbow" etc. part too, where people could say "I used SFX nuclear Red on stripped hair originly black..." that kind of stuff.
I can say I totally agree with this. I'd love to see a dyed hair forum!
But one question, does my hair fit in blue or green? :lol:

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Tue May 05, 2009 6:08 am

good idea- I will take it to the mods :)

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Tue May 05, 2009 6:30 am

Andrea - we *can* move the threads if people don't want the subforums (we would just need to move them out of where they are before we delete the subforum, it's whole subforums we can't move without moving every thread) but as you have pointed out, thinking long term the sub forums may become more than one thread
telling it like it is!

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Tue May 05, 2009 4:32 pm

easy fixed! ther3e was a lot for me to wade through and I cleary didn't match them all up!

starlight

Post by starlight » Tue May 05, 2009 11:24 pm

littlepinkfaery wrote:we did discuss doing that- however noe it is a sub forum, we are unable to move the threads in it.

but yeah, you idea was discussed. However, the reason we went for sub forums is because some of them will be very popiular (synth dreads!) and we are considering capping them at a certain amount and starting a 'markII'thread for it. In the future, we may end up with several sticky threads onthe main page, making peoples individual posts slide further down- does that make sense? so the subforum was used to keep itneat.

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)
hmm, I guess that makes sense.. I'd say though that I'd rather have 20 pages in one thread than 5 individual best of's to search through.. swings and roundabouts really.. personally I'd rather it was the one sticky 'best of' at the start of each gallery, than lots of threads all split up :)

Couture_Coiffure

Post by Couture_Coiffure » Wed May 06, 2009 1:07 am

The only issue I have with the 'Best-Of', is that in order to get to the thread where everyone can respond, you have to click three times and it seems a little unnecessary.
Angel de'Vil Designs | Website | Shop | Blog | Facebook

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Wed May 06, 2009 5:47 am

Why can't we just sticky multiple "Best Of" threads at the top of each gallery?

So for instance it would be:

Best of Synthetic Dreads #1
Best of Synthetic Dreads #2
Rhaenial
Lunatic Dolls
all subsequent individual galleries

That way we can lock the first "Best Of" thread and create a new "Best Of Mark II" so they don't get too long, and we can make fewer clicks/subforums.

EDIT: I think that's what you were saying LPF... right?

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Wed May 06, 2009 6:48 pm

not what I was saying :p

we'll think on that one...personally I don't see a problem, you click on 'synth dreads 'and there are two things available to you at a glance, individual sellers and the subforum, if you want to look in the subforum you can, if you want to ignore it you can- it is neat and tidy and keeps future multiple best of threads out of the way- beleive me, over time the dreads one will fill up as it is not a good idea to let it get to too many pages before starting a new thread.

Imagine- in 3 years, if it was a sticky, the first page may be taken up of best of threads- you may have to go to page 2 for individual galleries...this is why I made it a subforum as I am thinking ahead for the longevity of the board.

I do however, really like the idea of a dyed hair thread :) It should be hair that YOU have dyed to post it though.

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Wed May 06, 2009 7:57 pm

Andrea - could we maybe go with what members are saying at this stage - ie put the best ofs as stickies - and then when we have several stickied at the top, then make the subforum and move them in there?

I think what people are saying is that if you want to see dreads best of, you select dreads, then you select the best of sub forum, then you select the thread in there. While there is only one thread in there it does feel like the last click is the 2nd click all over again. I know why we did it, but at this point in time it isn't necessary, we could change it, then change it back in a year or whenever it becomes necessary
telling it like it is!

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Wed May 06, 2009 8:11 pm

*cries at the amount of work it took to create them all in the first place*

Done the first one- not deleted the sub forum- persaonlly I still feel it is false economy in the long run but if people want it *waves wand* ta da!

Mods, you can just move the threads to individual galleries and then sticky it- no need for me to do it. :i2:

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Wed May 06, 2009 8:37 pm

well I have moved them bar synth and lox as the posts will not move...members, bear with me I have no idea why they won;t move, now it is messy because some are stickies and 2 are not...not happy *pesky board*

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Wed May 06, 2009 8:42 pm

right, for now, the sub forums- apart from the two that are being stubborn with me and not moving- are password protected- you have no need of these, I don't want to delete them just yet...

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Tue May 12, 2009 7:44 pm

I've located the problem with them, I'm moving and stickying those threads now, I'll explain to you backstage!
telling it like it is!

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Tue May 12, 2009 8:12 pm

YAY- I love you! :i2:

Couture_Coiffure

Post by Couture_Coiffure » Wed May 13, 2009 10:17 pm

Oh...what about an inspiration forum? Where people can post hair [fake of course] that they enjoy. Proper credit to everyone involved including link to page where it was found should be appropriate as well.

I've been on a 'big hair' fix lately and have found so many amazing photos and tutorials that would be very appropriate for the board, but did not create any of them myself so have not posted.

If this sort of thing can go in one of the existing forums instead [perhaps as a sticky] that would be cool too.
Angel de'Vil Designs | Website | Shop | Blog | Facebook

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Sun May 17, 2009 6:58 pm

I don;t think this belongs in hall of fame...but I will make a sticky in hair chatter for it- as you say we must have either permission to use photos or give links to the makers sites.

nice idea xx

Squidgy

Post by Squidgy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:46 pm

Any chance that the thread in technique and discussion for the colour comparrison chart can be cleaned up with just the pictures and corresponding text to show the names, or could we create a new one with specific areas with the colours attached and only the colours and names, make and lighting used???
"I don't follow no religion, bow to the DJ, worship the riddum!!" ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬

sammu

Post by sammu » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:15 pm

Squidgy wrote:Any chance that the thread in technique and discussion for the colour comparrison chart can be cleaned up with just the pictures and corresponding text to show the names, or could we create a new one with specific areas with the colours attached and only the colours and names, make and lighting used???
I agree, it's getting too congested with people asking what colour is what. And there are so many repeats of the same image over and over again through quoting. :)

I do like the idea of maybe having a thread separate... Like, "Show me what X Colour looks like dreaded, please" and then comes the photo... I think the Colour Comparison chart should just show photos in their "original" form, if you know what I mean? Like... undreaded and virginal before we attack it with a comb. :lol:

Squidgy

Post by Squidgy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:30 pm

maybe have the colour, under natural and flash light,

raw material and dreaded???? :)
"I don't follow no religion, bow to the DJ, worship the riddum!!" ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬

himelolita

Post by himelolita » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:49 pm

I am really upset by how new users cannot buy items from this forum until 30 days and 50 posts. I do not understand how any of that would make you a more reliable buyer and seller. I think that you should be able to send a mod a link to your ebay/other sites feedback and that THIS would make you reliable, not how many posts you have made. I have gotten intolerant responses when I tried to buy things, and I just don't think that this rule is fair at all. Well, thats just my 2 cents, thanks for reading.

sammu

Post by sammu » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:59 pm

himelolita wrote:I am really upset by how new users cannot buy items from this forum until 30 days and 50 posts. I do not understand how any of that would make you a more reliable buyer and seller. I think that you should be able to send a mod a link to your ebay/other sites feedback and that THIS would make you reliable, not how many posts you have made. I have gotten intolerant responses when I tried to buy things, and I just don't think that this rule is fair at all. Well, thats just my 2 cents, thanks for reading.
Surprisingly, a lot of forums on the internet implement this rule than you may think.

With no rule like this, scammers have an infinite amount of times they can come onto the board with 0 posts, sell something and run off with people's money. New buyers can put an infinite amount of items "on hold" and run off, not even bothering to pay or let the seller know. Other members can just abuse the no rule forum by buying and selling. Nothing else, not even a hello. Someone who is notorious for bad feedback on one site, may have glowing feedback on another. So giving a Moderator a link to feedback isn't as accurate as previously thought.

The whole purpose of these rules is to encourage a community environment. To get people talking. To get people to know each other. There are hundreds of girls on this forum who know each other by their real names and meet regularly in real life. If you want a place where you can buy things off the bat, with no friendly or community spirit, you can always use Ebay.

Besides, 30 days pass quickly, as is 50 posts a perfectly reasonable requirement to be able to use the A&P.

Return to “Member suggestions and ideas”