Comments and suggestions

Love Bunny

Re: All comments in this thread please!

Post by Love Bunny » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:13 pm

Hi :) What about a dread decoration show-off subcatagory? I have tonnes of wraps and braids, beads and felting round my dreads - it might give people inspiration ideas on how to dress up their natural OR synth dreaddies??

Just a thought ^_^

xxx
~Jess ♥

International Secret Sweet & Savoury Swap! Sign Up HERE!

Ivy

Post by Ivy » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:37 am

Can something be done to update the 'Shop Links/The Shop List!!' ? It seems very out of date with a lot of new sellers NOT included on the list and other sellers who are on 'permanent hiatus'.

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:19 am

Ivy wrote:Can something be done to update the 'Shop Links/The Shop List!!' ? It seems very out of date with a lot of new sellers NOT included on the list and other sellers who are on 'permanent hiatus'.
If you find out these kinds of things, please PM them to a mod. We're more than happy to remove or at least put up a message about sellers on leave. We are a bit more careful about whom we promote, but if you have a suggestion we'd love to hear it. :) Broken links too! Obviously.

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:22 am

Madii wrote:Suggestion: Implementing a thread naming convention in the Hair Extensions Show Off section to make thread titles more informative and clear, such as in the Extensionists In Your Area section. For example, thread naming convention could be along the following lines:

[DREADMAKER], [MATERIALS] [STYLE OF EXTENSION], [COLOURS], [OTHER USEFUL DESCRIPTION]

Which would generate thread titles such as:

CirqueMachine, Synth DE Dreads, Mixed Blues, Transitionals & Blends

Rivetlicker, Mixed Media Falls, Monochrome and Purple

Someoneelse, Various Synth Dread Kits, Purples Greens Blondes & Naturals: March 2010

This convention is just a very rough idea and really needs improving or perhaps could be loosened. Rigid convention perhaps isn't even necessary here - I'd just like to see an encouragement to give threads more descriptive and useful titles that are more indicative of the thread contents.
I understand the impulse to do this, I've had it myself. I think it puts a sort of "robotic" restriction on show offs though, which isn't much fun. Myself, I often enjoy the creative titles people come up with for the threads. It would be nice if people shared a little more specifically those kinds of details IN the thread. We'll chew on it.

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:51 am

I agree with the creative names on threads personally, I often click on these threads and look at dreads I may not normally look at.

Kajablomst.

Post by Kajablomst. » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:31 pm

Love Bunny wrote:Hi :) What about a dread decoration show-off subcatagory? I have tonnes of wraps and braids, beads and felting round my dreads - it might give people inspiration ideas on how to dress up their natural OR synth dreaddies??

Just a thought ^_^

xxx
This is such a good idea! I could need some inspiration, and I bet I'm not the only one.

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:36 am

Dear Mods,
I'm a hair seller, as are many others on the board, with a good reputation, but because we don't have websites, we can't be initiated into the shop list.
More and more sellers, with great reputations such as LS Seven and Candy Acid only trade through social networks (myspace and facebook), plus eBay, Etsy, other forums and on here.
Is it possible, under super strict guidelines, meaning that our customer feedback must be squeaky clean (and we have to prove that upon application), that you'd let us into the shop list?
:)

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:39 am

hi, looking into this and will discuss with everyone regarding a seperate section for blog sellers.

leave it with me over the next fes days.

Pallidity

Re: Comments and suggestions

Post by Pallidity » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:03 am

Heya, I was just wondering what happened to all of the threads in the Hair Seller Reviews section...

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:06 am

Pallidity wrote:Heya, I was just wondering what happened to all of the threads in the Hair Seller Reviews section...
All of the reviews sections have been merged into one:
http://hairextensionsforum.com/viewtopi ... 10&t=12975
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

Nanou2

Post by Nanou2 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:28 pm

A sub section for lots of hair history threads!?

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:31 pm

ikickshins wrote:
Pallidity wrote:Heya, I was just wondering what happened to all of the threads in the Hair Seller Reviews section...
It's much nicer now. I had 3 threads at one point & now are all on one page. Thank you!!!!
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:53 pm

DreadstarMonstar wrote:
ikickshins wrote:
It's much nicer now. I had 3 threads at one point & now are all on one page. Thank you!!!!
It;s A LOT of work, and during our discussions I admit I was not happy with the idea. But it's really really nice actually! I'm so glad we decided to do it. We'll continue working on it when we have time!!

fragglelox

Post by fragglelox » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:07 am

is there a place to post location interest? for example... i live in australia, and am interested in knowing about other people who are into DIY hair who live here too, not necessarily hair sellers, but just interested people. especially because it's such an isolated country, and outsourcing anything at all from the rest of the world can become difficult..
i noticed there is a "meet-ups" section, but is there just one for having the online component recognition? did i explain that correctly? haha. maybe there could be a "intro by area" breakdown?? i dunno...
i am trying to remember the old ezboard layout, did it have subsections of things like "UK" and "USA" etc etc, for networking threads in any way? it may not have... but i feel like there was something along those lines.
so, there a way to have a topic section that is delineated by location, so we can go and see what's happening in our respective areas?

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:07 pm

fragglelox wrote:is there a place to post location interest? for example... i live in australia, and am interested in knowing about other people who are into DIY hair who live here too, not necessarily hair sellers, but just interested people. especially because it's such an isolated country, and outsourcing anything at all from the rest of the world can become difficult..
i noticed there is a "meet-ups" section, but is there just one for having the online component recognition? did i explain that correctly? haha. maybe there could be a "intro by area" breakdown?? i dunno...
i am trying to remember the old ezboard layout, did it have subsections of things like "UK" and "USA" etc etc, for networking threads in any way? it may not have... but i feel like there was something along those lines.
so, there a way to have a topic section that is delineated by location, so we can go and see what's happening in our respective areas?
Unfortunately for us Aussies, we live in such a widespread area (so meet ups will be difficult for a lot of us haha) on top of being isolated from the rest of the world and there aren't that many of us that are that active. We've kinda gotten to adding each other on facebook and stuff. As far as I know, there are heaps more Aussie folk on Vampire Freaks' Dread To Be Different cult.
Oh, and we can't forget our dear neighbours, the Kiwis! :D There are quite a few of them here too!

fragglelox

Post by fragglelox » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:03 pm

yes, it's too far most of the time to meet up in person, which is why i was wondering if there could be some sort of thread for online intros, based on region. then we could share local store hints, suppliers, events, etc with each other. :)

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:23 pm

fragglelox wrote:is there a place to post location interest? for example... i live in australia, and am interested in knowing about other people who are into DIY hair who live here too, not necessarily hair sellers, but just interested people. especially because it's such an isolated country, and outsourcing anything at all from the rest of the world can become difficult..

well in the shop links it should say where people are from.

We don't want individual intros anymore as it clogged up the board and people tried to builf their posts byt saying hello to everyone.

We will add any links to the shop links- ezboard was pretty darn elitist and only added what 'they' wanted to add.

having a networking area is an idea to consider- but it would be hard to stop people advertising and selling when they shouldn't in that area. And it would be hard to make sure people who don't have the right amount of posts aren't trying to buy and sell here.

Worth thinking about though

fragglelox

Post by fragglelox » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:38 pm

hmm... there is the big massive "intro" thread, right? would it be hard to let that thread become multiples that were delineated by region? i dunno, just throwing out ideas...

fragglelox

Post by fragglelox » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:40 pm

or would that fall under the category of too many posts with intros...
my main motivation for asking, was just to be able to see who's around the same area and to trade stories or hints on local stuff!

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:06 pm

I guess we could have a 'sign up if you are from...' section- but not intros.

Still it may cause issues with people trying to buy and sell in these threads- I'll take it to the mods

Nixxiie

Post by Nixxiie » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:34 pm

Hi! :D

Just wondering if there could be a make up critique one?

Or a Barry M swatch Thread.

Just an idea, I'd understand if they get rejected

Nic x

fragglelox

Post by fragglelox » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:47 pm

littlepinkfaery wrote:I guess we could have a 'sign up if you are from...' section- but not intros.

Still it may cause issues with people trying to buy and sell in these threads- I'll take it to the mods
that would be so cool! ... do that many people really try to sell in unrelated threads? huh!
maybe someone can make a "junk" section where people can post all the advertising junk they want! then you just relocate their posts to there! hahaha

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:45 pm

we have enough trouble with spammers without creating an area like that!

We are chatting about an area specific area though :)

Kandiihaar

Post by Kandiihaar » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:52 pm

just a thought, in regards to location and sellers would it be possible to have the thread re jigged relivant to area? abit like how it was listed on http://quinnster.fqdn.net/ its just hard to look down that list as it is at the moment and hard to find people in extensioners in your area. Maybe a WHERE TO BUY catagory with singular threads like wool, synth, human, plastics and foam? Maybe a location catagory, with sections such as UK, US, EUROPE and REST OF WORLD, in each section with threads for warers, makers, installers, local hair stores?... If that makes sense?

Also, what is going on with the shops thread, it hsn't been updated since 2008 and as mentioned doesn't contain many current sellers, but alot of retired ones... can we still request to be added?

x

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:49 pm

Quinsters list was elitist and by no menas contained everyone, only a selet few.

We are talking about what to do with locations, so bear with us.

As for the shop list, look carefully, I EDIT the posts and add shops in, I am updating it all the time!

I have 2 more to add in shortly! People are pming me all the time with links to put in, and I put them in- I totally dispute that is it full of dead links and sellers that have given up!

Sorry, I am too busy to look for dead links but it is something that we (as in mods) can all do- so I will take that to the mods too to try and clear it out a bit :)

EDIT: All mods on it now and dead links being taken care of at the moment!

Return to “Member suggestions and ideas”