Post count for new members- all read please

LittlePinkFaery

Post count for new members- all read please

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:24 am

We have discussed upping the post count in a gradual way
Then 100

As we can now make new members identifiable in a new group , the access to A and P is dependant in post count only . This means a new member could up their count and get I and try trading and buying. We as mods and admin and you as means would have to keep an eye on people if they have not been here 30 days.

We were thinking of upping the post count so that new members become more of the community before they can trade.

We do have a rule not to simply bump old threads with compliments to boost post count it this can be easy to miss.

What do members think?

Downside would be those who have already joined but are under 50 would be effected as the rules will change and their goal post will move.

Suggestions and comments welcome from old and new members!

MrsEss

Re: Post count for new members- all read please

Post by MrsEss » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:20 pm

What about the less frequent members, say those that have been here 6 months to a year & have less than 30 posts. Would that then encourage them to post more, or act as a deterrent?

I guess though, those that want to trade will have to be pretty active & thus become "part of the community". My average post per day is a little under 8, so if you ever get someone that is a serial poster like me, they'd smash that 100 post count before the 30 days. I think the possibility of that is rare though.

I could be jumping to conclusions, however I do think that the newer members I have interacted with are here for the board, rather than to buy & sell so I don't see there being too many objections. Also, if there were....why are they here? iyswim?
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

LittlePinkFaery

Re: Post count for new members- all read please

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:27 pm

I do assume that those who have been here a while and still under 50 posts are not here to buy and trade- or they would have upped their post count. A you say it isn't hard to up the count in a way that makes you an active member rather than those who st say ' pretty colour I love it' type posts. It is those that I want to serve more time to enter A and P.

I wish a few more mild comment here to give me a feel for what you all think is fair. Comments welcome from new new members, those fairly new but out of the blue so to speak and old hands!

Return to “Member suggestions and ideas”