THE ONE AND ONLY INTRODUCTION THREAD!

Forum rules
Please can all new members add to the ONE thread- DO NOT make your own thread.

DO not promote or sell
NO chatter at all
zeroluie

Re: THE ONE AND ONLY INTRODUCTION THREAD!

Post by zeroluie » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:55 am

greetings all!

zeroluie here!

just thought id come and check out this awesome forum,

My hair changes faaar to often I get bored pretty easy...

Ive had lots and lots of different hair!
dreads,

extentions,

wool,

bubble wrap, .....
loads of colours....

loads of styles...
loads of techniques.

neonloves guys!

x0x0x0x0x
zeroluie neonloves

x0x0x0x
powpowpow

fragglelox

Post by fragglelox » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:36 am

Hi everyone!! My name is Tank the Muppet.. it's been a long time since i've been active on (versions of) this board! Soooo.... I'm Coming back for a little while to see what people are up to....
Stuff about me: I'm the owner and creator of FraggleLox, and i've been doing my own hair for about 10 years. Now i'm a circus artist in Melbourne, with less time for hair, but the passion is still there! Heres some pics of me. :)
ImageImageImage

Hope to get to know some of you while i'm here!
-tank

michejohnson

Post by michejohnson » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:31 am

Hello friends!
I am the new member of this site and may be the new friend of your.
Well I like to play different games and make new friends.I love to discuss on the forum specially about games and other different topics.I spend 3 hours every day with my lovely laptop on the forum discussion.
Happy New Year 2010

Karmatica

Post by Karmatica » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:44 am

Hello forum!
after lurking for a bit, i decided to make an account
I am Karma and i reside in Phoenix, AZ, 21 yrs, local Event & Fashion Photographer.
This website is a wealth of information, thanks for such a great community. I am glad i found this.

I have been a buyer and have been watching online hair extension fashion shops since about 2005. I have watched many of the seasoned sellers that frequent this board expand their businesses and improve their technique over the years, and i have purchased from a few of you!

I have not had much desire yet to create and mass make extensions for the dread community, though i do sometimes make fleece (aka "faux-roving") falls for myself, and i have 5 for sale on consignment in a good friends local Raver/Thrift Clothing store. I suppose i have been hesitant on selling Fleece "Faux Roving" falls because there does not seem either to be a demand for it, or a big enough community of creators. who knows, maybe i can help make that community bigger. I have an order in the making for a local GOGO Dancing crew, so lets see if those girls can help boost my possible future business.

I look forward to learning even more from this website, so i can better take care of the falls and wigs i own, learn better installation processes, and get some inspiration to buy some jumbo braid and learn me some dreads :P

oh, and here is some pictures!
wig by LS-Seven
my locally famous purple wig
my purple wig with a cyberlox fall made by a close friend, of loxology.com
older image, wig by an ebay seller i cannot remember the name of anymore.

~karma

whisper74

Post by whisper74 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:32 am

hello, my name is Dana

i was a certified lurker, and learned so much from this forum. i didnt know anything about synthetic dreads, until i saw a friend wearing them for halloween haunt (knotts scary farm). they were soooo cute that i had to have some.

i love doing things myself, cause i like to be creative. so, i learned how to make dreads, and now im hooked. after trial and error, i finally made a set of my own, and am now working on my second.

i sew, and invariably end up modifying a lot of the things i buy. anything to be unique. i wear the title of eccentric with pride.

anyway, i thought i would finally register and become part of the community, so that i could thank all of the people that showed me about dreading, and maybe help someone else with their questions!
My great mistake, the fault for which I can't forgive myself is that one day I ceased my obstinate pursuit of my own individuality. --Oscar Wilde

ZombieChickadee

Post by ZombieChickadee » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:37 am

Ello everyone! My names Danielle, Elle, or Dani (whichever you prefer to call me) I'm 18, and I live in the windy/snowy (ATM) city of Chicago. Ive been looking upon this site for a while now and decided to join. Never joined a forum so this is all new to me. I love hair and anything that goes with that interest! I also start cosmetology school on the 26th of this month so I'm hoping to learn many techniques and skillzz to hair. As well as taking some from this forum along with friends!

Felina

Post by Felina » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:14 pm

Hey all :)

Ive wanted 'new hair' for ages and a friend pointed me this way - ive ordered my first set of dreads which will hopefully be in my hair by the end of this month :i2: Really looking forward to a year of new hair colours.

Fiend

Post by Fiend » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:02 pm

Hello there,
I'm Nik, from one sh*thole country in Europe.

I like to wear them cos they make me happy, thats just the feeling. it isnt the thing you just "add" it on the head, but its something special that someone adds to the style and a way to be unique, especially if you make them on your own. I got several sets, most of them are presents and I bought also one. currently Im working on wool-based dreads, and thats why Im here, I need some pointers and a friend said I should check this site.

thats mostly it. if you need more info, just ask :)

Lucid_Connie09

Post by Lucid_Connie09 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:57 am

Hey All,

I'm Natalie from South Wales, UK. Although I mainly go by Connie online. I've come across this site a few times now and thought I'd take the time to sign up.

I've been dying my hair different colours for about 3/4 years now...November 2008 I shaved my hair off for charity. This gave me the perfect opportunity to start trying different wigs. My hair is about shoulder length now and I just dye my fringe the brighter colours.

I've been trying to find some quality dread wigs to purchase, that's when I came across this site...full of mega talented people! The pics I've seen on here so far are mind blowing!

I hope to learn more and meet/chat to some of you artists in time.

Connie x

fangbanger

Post by fangbanger » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:02 pm

Hey

I'm Kerrie from London.

I've been stalking the Forum for a while now and I thought it was about time I became official.

I love unnatural hair and have donned red locks for the last 5 years.
The only down side is the mass attention; which makes me grumpy.

I'm feeling a change, but I'm mighty scared.... I want an undercut.

I've experimented in the past with synthetic dreads, wool dreads, human hair and few colours too.

In an ideal hair world, I would have dreads with an undercut and maybe a sexy fringe.

By finally joining I hope to learn some more stuff and I'm looking forward to being able to post my thoughts too.

ta ta Kerrie

InsideTheTornApart

Post by InsideTheTornApart » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:56 pm

Hello everyone! My name is Mara. I am from Indiana. I have actually visited this site quite a few times in the past and finally decided to join! Right now all I make is dreads out of yarn which is pretty fun. I plan on starting with Synthetic hair pretty soon.

Yuddith

Post by Yuddith » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:59 pm

Hi,

The name is Zombie and I'm from the Netherlands. Don't have dreads yet, but I already lurk around for a few weeks here, mostly to see photographs. Kinda needed the search button at one point, so I decided to register :).

I'm really in doubt of getting dreads, because my motorcycle helmet also still needs to fit. I use my bike to get to work ;). Also, I have pretty long hair (about 75cm at the moment), which makes it kinda hard to actually apply dreads. At least, thats what I figured out :).

So,..hi! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Yuddith on Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DesolateBeloved

Post by DesolateBeloved » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:45 am

'Ello!

I am Kat, though I go by Desolation, Dezzie, or Des, etc on the net. I'm from Podunk, USA, that is to say somewhere in the Arizona desert. I've been into the gothic subculture and scene for several years which is where I first saw and began to fall in love with synth dreads.

I've only just begun with making synth dreads, with my manflesh who really does most of the work. XD We both intend to wear them and were looking for ideas and information on how to make them. As it turns out, a lot of what is on this forum has been super helpful. I'm excited to see what happens.

Other than that, I suppose the only interesting thing about me (in my opinion, anyway) is that I am the mother of the most gorgeous five-year old little girl. She is my angel. That's about it. Other than that, I'm an artist and a wannabe (still learning) musician.

As for a pic of me, there is this:

:devoid:

Post by :devoid: » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:31 pm

Hey :)
My names Mel, I hail from the UK- Originally from Liverpool but I reside in Manchester.
I have been a lover and a wearer of synth dreads for over 2 years now although I have had a set of wools before now.
I've had plenty of styles and colours in my hair over the years not just in dreads (surprised I'm not bald yet) and I have made my own on a few occassions but I tend to purchase due to lack of time I have to make them :(

I have cruised this site many times before, often for inspiration and even admiration of some of the work that's put up in the gallery.
I guess I've just never gotten round to signing up.

And that is all :)

VioletStar

Post by VioletStar » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:46 pm

Hi !
I'm Gem, I live in Staffordshire UK with my 3 cats... I like to wear synthetic dreads and would like a few tips on making them for myself, I will mainly be lurking and taking in information but I will join in where i can :D
See ya round :i9:

bec

Post by bec » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:31 pm

Hi Everyone!

I'm bec I'm 16 and from Sydney Australia and I'm new to this forum. I'm in love with everybody's work on this site and I can't wait until I can make a set of dreads :i2: even though i can't wear them at school :i3:

so hi again
xoxo

zwenya

Post by zwenya » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:07 pm

Hey :)
my name is svenja, I'm a 20-year-old student from germany and i'm so glad I found this forum yesterday~~ somehow it's impossible the find an equal german forum....

I'm totally new to hair extensions and dreads.... i only knew the natural dreads, which only very few people wear here... I have blond hair and i would like to have blond dreads with some purple and turquoise highlights or something....

i'm sorry if my english is not perfect sometimes... i'm working on it... v____v""

I would love to meet some friendly new people here to get ideas and some help when i do my first own extensions :) (or just to chat :P)

daystar

Post by daystar » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:26 pm

Last edited by daystar on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

TrickyMcVomit

Post by TrickyMcVomit » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:30 pm

I figured I would briefly take a break from being a total creep and say hello =0)

I'm Tracy, as far as fake hair, I've only made a couple of yarn falls...but...
I have been dying my hair all shades from normal blondes and browns to purple and green for at least 13 years...I started with "Sun In" and never looked back :lol: My boyfriend of 4 years has blue hair, which he has had for about 15 years for his job...it is his signature if you will...Since I've been with him I felt left out, so I adopted bright red. Now I take care of his hair (& beard) and my own hair, so I am always experimenting with different brands in search of the perfect shades of red and blue that will stay their respective colors longest.

There is so much talent here, I love looking at everyones photos and look forward to posting some of my own very soon!!

thephantomcreeper

Post by thephantomcreeper » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:41 pm

Hello!
Last edited by thephantomcreeper on Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Salty

Post by Salty » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:22 pm

Hello!!! I have been lurking on this board for quite a long time and I have learned such alot from you all - you are all so nice to each other, which is one reason I decided to join at long last!

My name is Claire and I live in the UK. I have done many a thing to my hair over the years including burning my scalp with bleach and as a result shaving all my hair off! (not funny at the time).

I have worn synthetic dreads and had a go at making them, but I don't really have the patience, so I am definitely a wearer not a maker!

I have had my hair all sorts of colours, I definitely love the SFX range the best. Most recently my hair has been Deep purple (repeated applications) and I have finally got bored with it...I'm toying with Hi-Octane orange next!

purpledansa

Post by purpledansa » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:56 pm

Hi all
my name is KAREN, I'm in Jersey in the UK Channel Islands. I've been lurking for a while, finally got around to signing up. I love exploring this forum - and finding answers to my questions - there's more good info here than anywhere else I've found! Love it!
I love experimenting and making all sorts of braids, dreads, and falls. Also other hair decorations, the wilder and more colourful the better.
Look forward to getting to know you more.
:i2:

StatikError

Post by StatikError » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:36 am

Oh hello there! ^_____^;

I'm Justin! :] Most call me Statik though. :P

I have just started my journey into the magical world of fake hair. Haha :D
I've been making dreads for a little while now, but still learning more and more. :]

I'm a VEGAN. and <33 animals hehe.

I listen to almost all music. My favs are Dj Sisen, Ayria, Bitch Brigade, Aural Vampire...etc.
I have an unhealthy obsession with everything Japanese and cute, but as do most kids of my age haha :P

I'm 15 by the way ahha. and quite bubbly as far as personality goes.

...yup that should do it!
Byebye now.

CandySecretion

Post by CandySecretion » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:07 pm

Hiiii :] I'm Candy. I started dying my hair when I was 13, and hadn't stopped til 3 years ago... I am now 22 lol. Needless to say the condition of my hair was very poor. It began breaking and I was left with very very short hair in a crap state. So I began finding alternatives to mask how badly my natural hair looked lol. First I got into wigs, all kinds. Then as it began growing out I dabbled in extentions. (I must say those are great fun. Lots of versitality) Then I came across the old site, began lurking lol. It really broadened my horizons, and inspired me to attempt different things. I've made 2 or 3 sets of SE KK dreads that I have installed myself. I never kept them in for more than a week, since I was constantly changing my hair style. I'm interested in learning to better my skills with the knowledge and critique of the other members, as well as meet some new like minded people :] I like make-up, loud music and colorful hair!
Electronic Stimulation

tay_tot

Post by tay_tot » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:41 pm

im tay. and i have been lurking here longer than i have been a member. i only make dreads for myself and my friends.i love all things shiny and brightly colored, which is quite the problem when i am driving :roll:

i m a friendly and quite easy to please. and of course i love HH because i love dreads of all kind.
tay_tot is most definatly not a wiggly piggie, goddamnit!
<br>
myspace.com/justtay_tot

Return to “New to the Hair extentions forum...”