THE ONE AND ONLY INTRODUCTION THREAD!

Forum rules
Please can all new members add to the ONE thread- DO NOT make your own thread.

DO not promote or sell
NO chatter at all
tribalesque

Re: THE ONE AND ONLY INTRODUCTION THREAD!

Post by tribalesque » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:50 am

Hey crazy hair people! I'm a lurker making my mandatory first post to prove I'm not a robot or zombie. I'm a 25 year old Aussie gal who has had real dreads for the past 5-6 years and really hate dying my hair (I suck at upkeep) so I've turned to an old love - synth hair!

Looking forward to having some fun with some fake hair and sharing with you all soon :D

Takthehideousnewgirl

Post by Takthehideousnewgirl » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:27 am

Hey guys, I'm Tak! I first got into fake hair and all things mod when I went to Disney Lan during Bat's Day by accident. I was 13 and I totally fell head over heels in love with it. I figured I'd grow out of it, being young and inpresionable, but here I am, nearly 4 years later and I'm even more in love than I have been! :i2:

ashleejro

Post by ashleejro » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:38 am

Hihi, my name is Ash and I have been recommended to this forum by NaVi Moe of Facebook. :i2:

I love the facebook version of this place and mostly all the work on it. I was introduced to Falls via CypherLOX, she is da bomb, but I've come to realize something.

I am pretty darn crafty and can braid, sew and shellack among other talents. Why am I shelling out all this money? I could do this stuff, if I knew how! :i6: So I am here to join in and learn how and maybe make some moola, if I prove to be good, if not I will at the least make my own dreads for my job at Trails to Terror in October.

Ty for all you guys have already done and ty for all your future efforts!

PS, My intro wouldn't be complete without mentioning Ls Seven who suggested I join the Facebook group!
You go girls! Maybe I will rock the dreads too, soon!

haircandy

Post by haircandy » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:16 pm

Hi everyone im candy, live in manchester and have been fitting wicked hair extensions for 4 years now. i live in the high peak a town called glossop but cover manchester. like the look of the forum hope i can be as much help to you guys as your past posts have been to me. http://www.hair-candy.co.uk. thats me x

faerie_evenstar

Post by faerie_evenstar » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:51 pm

Hello! Faerie Evenstar here!

I was around back in the Quinnsters hairboard days then gave up through the HH and whatnot ages and haven't really been doing much to my hair other than dying it and cutting it as I've now got Fibromyalgia (http://www.ukfibromyalgia.com/) which makes it pretty damned painful to install any hair on myself. I continued putting hair in for friends every now and then, but even that's had to stop sadly.

Anyway, I was tidying up some stuff to move house and discovered all my boxes of lovely dreads, roving and Rexlace, then Twigletstar from here posted on Facebook about a big meet that made me think of all you lot from back in the Quinnsters days! Soooo I signed up and I'm ducking my head in to say hello if any of you even remember me! :) I ran FaerieHair briefly but it was a bit pants t be fair- I was never that good!

So anyway, hello ladies and gents! *waves* :geek:
She did the rhumba on his cucumber!

zaea

Post by zaea » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:18 pm

44 posts late x_x

I'm Zaea, I work at a software company in Illinois, US.

So far I can't make anything dread-related worth a damn, but I love anything involving hair and I've wished like hell I would have been a member here sooner. There are a lot of tutorials and general info here that would have saved me lots of trouble :lol:
Alsoooo...the feedback. I registered right after I had a bad experience with a seller, and if I was a member here and had looked it up, it would have been avoided entirely.

I've been wearing virtually any and every kind of extension since I was 17 or so.

Anyway yeah. Hi.

ReginaldLovesMavis

Post by ReginaldLovesMavis » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:32 pm

Hullo thar!

I'm C, aka Chelsea Noise, aka ReginaldLovesMavis creations.

I'm a photographer, and in my last few months of study to become a fully qualified hairdresser.
I've been making dreads for just over a year now, and I've received a great response.
Constantly on the lookout for new ideas, techniques and methods for making dreads.

I've been prowling this page as a guest for a very long time, and decided it'd be a good time to sign up.

Cheers!

-C. :D
"Do it well, leave something witchy." - Charles Manson.

Voluntary Insanity

Post by Voluntary Insanity » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:20 am

Heylo. V, Voluntary, or if you prefer real names, Jeremiah.
Erm, I'm a five foot eleven (or so) ape descendant, aaaand I'm pretty sure my house is older than time itself.

Lets see...twenty one winters have I seen, and if I were to drink, I wouldn't be green. Speaking of green, I smoke. Not that, no. Cigarettes. Of the Newport Short variety with the lovely menthol additive. I enjoy words, and everything that they are involved in, as well as video games, my female sibling, and not wearing shorts (unless swimming, since pants make that rather difficult).

Ice cream is rad.

Nerdy things. Well, I do lots of those. Video Games are like the tip of the ice berg here people, so get ready to grab a life boat because even the Titanic sank. First off, Magic: The Gathering. Pretty spiffy game really. Playing it for eleven years (or so) and counting. Dungeons and Dragons. OOOOH man. The almighty of Diety of all that is Nerddom. This is a game I thoroughly enjoy, though haven't been able to truly get into a campaign for a lack of DM material in my friend zone...thing. Also, I've done this thing called differently by many people. All in all, it basically consists of getting some kind of 'skeleton' made of random stuff, in the shape of a weapon. Then, covering it in stuff that makes it harmless (mostly) and beating your friends with it. Pretty great right? Maybe. In any case, I think so.

That wraps it up. Or more honestly, that's me wrapping it up. Abrupt, and without all the details. I touldally (Would+totally?) could go on forever. But meh. Nice having you meet me! Or something? Harhar~

hedgehogdreads

Post by hedgehogdreads » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:37 am

hi
my name is greg

just looking to talk about hair and meet new ppl :)

anjaloveshervw

Post by anjaloveshervw » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:31 pm

Hello! My name is Anja (and yes, that is my real, birth-given name!) and I have been hanging around username-less on this forum for a while, gathering inspiration and energy to keep doing what I am doing. Perhaps you understand :)
A little abut me: I am migratory and live in a tiny Toyota Winnebego, and I am really into old(er) cars, especially VWs :)
I made my first set of "real" dreads in 2001, had them for about 2 1/2 years, and then had them chopped off as a punishment. *sigh*
I have since re-done them now that my hair has grown back out. I have had this set since 2007. :) I never knew how to make my own dread falls until discovering this forum only last year, so in the past when I have wanted to "extend" the length, I just braided in lots and lots of ribbons. As you can see, I don't dread all of my hair, but only about 2/3, so that I can have some wispys and bangs and fun things to pin and clip and entertain myself with.
Here is a pic from when I first redid them :) they are a few months old and have ribbons braided all around them.
And here they are now!
After some fun colors, and adding in about 15 more dreads :)

SadManiacJinxie

Post by SadManiacJinxie » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:12 am

Hello everyone!
My name I go by is Jinxie. (I don't give out my real name much.) I don't have any real experience with hair extensions, but I had synthetic hair once... Then the packs got stolen. :i3: Well, I'm 18, and living Southern California. I dye my hair a lot. I don't know what else to put... Uhm... Here's a picture of me?

Asmodeuskraemer

Post by Asmodeuskraemer » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:40 pm

Hey guys!
I used to be a member back on Heavenly Hair and found Vixen Sings Blank on Etsy the other day and she redirected me here. I am no longer practicing the alternate hair style and have taken out a lot of my piercings but I still admire and appreciate the beautiful work and women that I see here.
Good to be back!
Asmo

Umlaut

Post by Umlaut » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:20 am

Hello~.
My name is Kyo, or atleast that's what I go by. I'm 20 years old, male, blahdeblahblah. I just recently got into hair extensions and dreads and such, so I'm a noob. I do other things too //I have no life. That's pretty much it.......I'm boring.......blah.
Ü

caoyi

Post by caoyi » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:25 am

My name is Anni, or atleast that's what I go by. I'm 23 years old, female. I just recently got into hair extensions and dreads and such, so I'm a noob. I do other things too //I have no life

Edited to remove advertising link - Halo

twination

Post by twination » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:28 pm

hello I'm amy and a im an identical twin :D (twin nation= twination? :D ) I've always been into dreadlocks first naturals then synths after I made some crazy coloured wigs with silky kk, Ive made some synth dreads in the past but now want to start again as my twin has took a huge interest and were both getting dreads as we love to 'twin up' in our outfits (SOOOO FUNNN) ah starting to ramble now I better stop :P

Cupcayke_Suicyde

Post by Cupcayke_Suicyde » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:59 am

I'm Cupcayke Suicyde and I've tried making my own synthetic dreads and they've never come right. I've been so interested in starting my own dreading business but.....hi! I'm Cupcayke Suicyde! Lulz.

Vermilli0n

Post by Vermilli0n » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:29 pm

Hellooo
I'm Vermilli0n, always loved hair falls but just recently decided to give them a try. Still undecided if I'll sell them or just make them for friends and fun.
I'm 27 living in PA, I craft and create, and try everything in between at least once. I'll most likely be a lurker for the time, I'll post some progress pictures and hopefully learn from everyone here.
Other than that, lets see.... I collect books, cute creepy things, video games, things with bat wings and souls.
I also have a healthy obsession for wolves, all things Disney and baking.
^_^

I'm a total loser, and I'm very alright with that.

MissLove

Post by MissLove » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:23 pm

Yo Yo

I'm a new member

I was on the forums a few years ago but stopped following for a while!

Hello!

kitcupcake

Post by kitcupcake » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:58 pm

Hi, I'm Casey! I've been snooping around for a bit over a year. I've always been a bit adventurous with my real hair [real dreads, mohawk, long, short, every color imaginable] until about a year ago when a couple of different factors lead to synth hair options. Living in the south during a heatwave with my hair bleached beyond repair, I shaved it all off and decided to let it grow out fresh. While it definitely battled the heat, I soon got bored with it and started looking into wig options to play around with, hoping that if I could buy a variety of wigs in different styles, lengths and colors that I could change up my look without all the nasty chemicals it took to change up my own hair. One thing lead to another and I found myself engrossed with synth dreads. I've been practicing different styles of dreadmaking for the better part of a year, and with a newly reshaved head [seriously, the heat here is fierce!] I've managed to make a couple of really cute dread wigs. I figured since I'll be doing a lot of comic shows soon in said wigs, I should probably confess to being a secret lurky jerk and give credit where credit is due. So here's me with an account, hopefully I can start posting pictures now that my work's up to snuff!

volant

Post by volant » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:30 am

Hi there,
I'm Volant - new to synth dread extensions, but I've done human hair tracks and clip ins for a few years on and off. It always bugs me when my HH extensions don't blend perfectly with my natural hair, and I'm very picky. I want them to look like my own hair, and they never quite do.

Synth dread wearing appeals to me because it's more straightforward! Yep, they are extensions, no question about it. They're fun and add length and keep me from wanting to cut all my own hair off while it (very very slowly) grows out.

Being a control freak, I also like being able to install and remove the hair at will. At some point, I'll even try my hand at making my own, I'm sure. I really enjoy checking out everyone's different techniques and all the creative products and ways to wear them. :)

- Volant

Rachel@RC

Post by Rachel@RC » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:29 pm

Hi - I'm Rachel. Somewhat new to the world of extensions/dreads on a personal level, but have been surrounded by them and folks who have them for years. I just finally decided to venture into this myself.

I'm just looking forward to soaking up the info and learning as much as I can from a wide variety of people!
~~I too am not a bit tamed, I too am untranslatable~~

JoyfullyDreaded

Post by JoyfullyDreaded » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:03 am

Hello all you lovelies! I am just getting back into making dreads after about a 3 year hiatus after having a baby. I'm a single mom with Fibromyalgia, so getting back into making dreads took a while. Time to get perusing all I have missed in the past 3 years!

lissa

Post by lissa » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:22 am

Hi everyone, my name is lisa im very very new to hair extentions i did my first install yesterday !!

they were ok but i had a few hiccups ! im a mom to 3 beautiful kids and i have a beauty salon in my garden so work is on my doorstep ! :)

ApathysKiss

Post by ApathysKiss » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:16 pm

Hi, I'm Holly, I currently live in Berlin Germany, but have lived in Denver, LA, London and New Orleans.

I have been doing hair for nearly a decade, and got really into dreadlocks and all the cool things you can do with them in 2007, and have been specializing in dreads ever since!

I mostly do human hair, however I love synthetic dreads, the colors, crazy patterns, and fantasy that can be achieved I find really exciting! I have recently decided to go in more of that direction in my free time, so I am always looking for new techniques for making the cleanest tightest synthetic dreads!

I am excited to start exploring this site, from what I've already checked out it seems like a wonderful place for creative hair lovers to exchange ideas!

Doll-I

Post by Doll-I » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:04 pm

Hey there,

My name is Doll-I. I am a soon to be Audio Production soon down here in Australia, and I do lots of other music projects too.
I am obsessed with my dreads (sorry for lack of picture, they are black, navy blue, sky blue and pastel/UV blue) and make up. In a former life, I did SFX make up full time.

Hope to post some more stuff, and hit me up if you'd like any make up advice I'd be happy to help out where I can

Cheers.

Doll-I
You are your deepest driving desire.
http://doll-i.squarespace.com/

Return to “New to the Hair extentions forum...”