THE ONE AND ONLY INTRODUCTION THREAD!

Forum rules
Please can all new members add to the ONE thread- DO NOT make your own thread.

DO not promote or sell
NO chatter at all
angelsandfaes

Re: THE ONE AND ONLY INTRODUCTION THREAD!

Post by angelsandfaes » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:22 pm

Hello, I'm new here and new to synthetic and wool dreads. I am a stay at home Mom with four boys to raise.

I love creating and the challenges of doing so. I hope that while learning from everyone here that I can also share any knowledge that I have along the way. Thanks for having me.

Sashalo

Post by Sashalo » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:36 pm

Hello just joined Today!
I personally use to hate dreads/dreadfalls and so on... but over time they grew on me and i now make and wear them almost daily!
i have been making them myself for maybe 2 years now.. i'm FAR from professional but i do think i make them fairly well but there is always room to better em!!

I am a Juggalo but please don't let that effect your opinion of me!!!

I could sit and look at dreads for hours i love how creative people can get with them and am inspired by almost all dreads i see.

I am rocking a mohawk right now, i use to do the dread fall thing but then cut my hair into the hawk and realized it was far too short to hold a fall so i attempted to braid them in and fell in love with the look feel and style.

I am like a kid in a candy shop in this forum and can't wait to post some of my personal creations and get some feedback <3

DreadfulWiTcH

Post by DreadfulWiTcH » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:18 pm

Hi there! My name is Tegan, I'm 22 and I'm new to this forum. I'm mostly here to learn and get new ideas. I'm not very good at styling my own hair, so I started using yarn falls with my outfits and fun makeup. Then I decided to take up yet another craft, synthetic dreads. I haven't made many because I just don't have time. But I plan on getting a station set up so I can practice, practice, practice! :i9:

I'm a stay-at-home mom. My daughter just turned 1, and she's wonderful. I'm looking forward to meeting new people, hopefully other newbies, and talking about my new obsession.

frozenoctofish

Post by frozenoctofish » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:58 am

hi, i'm new to this forum and hair styling in general!

hoping to change my hair soon. new color on virgin hair.

sol.lena

Post by sol.lena » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:16 am

Hi!
Im Sol from Argentina!
Im new with synthetic dreads, but, i start using drealocks 10 years ago, and in 2004 i started extending my own dreads just cutting my sides's dreads and sewing them to the rest of my natural dreadlocks :)
last year i discovered Kanekalon and know im addicted! Here in my country is not usual, as much as u walk down the streets u will not see more than 1 people in a month with synth dreads haha, but i wanna spread this addiction to all my friends :)

well, and about me, im 26 and just 5 days years old :D
vegetarian, but i like and i practise vegan cook.
and im musician, i make my songs, play them alive.
U can hear something on here: www.myspace.com/solmarianela

i will uplod a pic of my with my first synthetic dreads made by myself :)

talk to u soon!
have a nice time.

joflakes

Post by joflakes » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:28 pm

Hi guys

Just to introduce myself!
I'm not new to extensions, have had double-ended dreads, wefts (glued and sewn in), but now am venturing into the scary world of more natural extensions.
I'm 25 and live in Kent, UK.

That's it really! I hope to learn lots and chat :)

Jo

VonBioHazard

Post by VonBioHazard » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:20 am

Hay all, finally joined!

Siobhan but also known as Von bio hazard on fb and sell under s1nfectionlox ^^

22 and from kent, love my synthetic dreads and cyberlox <33

cannibalwendy

Post by cannibalwendy » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:12 am

Hi!!
I'm Wendy, 27 from Alberta, Canada

I used to post AGES ago on Quinn's hair board. Yeah...I'm that old haha. And I posted a little bit on the Heavenly Hair board but kinda got out of having fun hair for awhile, since I became a mom and "grew up." I was looking to buy some extensions on etsy and found leperqueen! and she sent me the link for this page! So here I am. :D

Looking forward to checking out all the rad hair and getting some inspiration!

MokLocks

Post by MokLocks » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:56 pm

Hi everyone !

I'm new to this forum !
My name is Elodie, I'm 21 and I live in France.
I make synthetic drealocks since 2 years!

Your forum it's very interesting :) and I hope to chat to you all soon !

avocado

Post by avocado » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:02 am

Hello everyone : 3

You can file me under semi noob in the hair extension world. I have been following the scene for a few years now and watching what a lot of what everyone is creating. I've made a dread wig and one fall for costume, but I'm only recently wanting to become more active in the whole dread making and wearing thing. I would love to learn some tips and tricks from all you lovely ladies on here and make myself a whole new dread wardrobe : D

Lizzie1608

Post by Lizzie1608 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:39 am

Hi there

I'm new to this forum. I'm interested in extensions and wanted to find out about peoples experiences about clip in extensions as opposed to bonded ones and about real hair compared to fake hair.

Liz-Poole

Izzybeau

Post by Izzybeau » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:55 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have been a lurker here for a long long time, but have finally decide to become part of the community and post!
I am also keep to make my own dreads, I have had a few attempts with some success, but being a Mum and working FT its hard to get some spare time. So I'll prolly bug you all alot with questions and for advice.

Also after becomming a Mum (daughter is 2 now) it has been so long since I've taken time out for myself, it will be nice to join a community and talk to people with similar likes that involves conversations not centred around potty habbits lol!

Nice to meet you all
http://www.facebook.com/izzybeau.uk

(\__/)
(='.'=) OoOoOooohhh!!!
(")_(")

bee

Post by bee » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:09 am

Ellos!! I've stalked this forum long enough to join in on the fun ^.^

Let's see... the name is Brandi, but everyone just calls me Bee. I'm an artist/graphic designer from southeast Texas. Some of you already know me from FB, so Hello there! and to those I haven't met yet, I can't wait to get to know all of yall.

My introduction to dread falls was around '03/'04 where I decided to make a set for a gothic event in town. With a severe lack of knowledge, I spent 3 days straight backcombing and burning myself with boiling water. LOL. I swore off ever making a set again. Fast forward to this past year, I cut off the majority of my hair and as a fun way to experiment, bought some dreads to install... and became hopelessly addicted since then. <3

riversidemcrmy

Post by riversidemcrmy » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:22 pm

hello. im Rachel. i found this site in my web surfing while making a new set of yarnfalls and i liked it so i stalked one of the admins until she let me register :) yes im that kind of person. i will stalk you to get what i want. im a friendly open person who happens to love falls. i recently lost all of my hair to chemo treatments so i wasnt wearing falls or about a year until i had enough hair to put my falls on. i could not find a good wig so i was just bald. but im better now and i have some hair so i have started making my own falls because i now live in kansas and not my native california and finding them is practically impossible here. so yeah, thats all i can think to say as an introduction. i look forward to saying hi to everyone in the forum as time goes by. also, i need to find a way to make my pictures small enough to be as my icon so im working on that.... :i7:

volksblues

Post by volksblues » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:22 pm

thank you so much to littlepinkfaery for taking time out of her day to open up the forum to allow me to join!! the last couple weeks i've read everything i'm allowed to see on the forum without an account lol! so it's nice to have one now and be allowed to post :)

anyways, my intro! i'm a 24-year-old mom to a 13m old boy. i am really into: breastfeeding, natural parenting, crocheting, hip hop music etc.... i've been into synth hair, natural dreads, and hair extensions for a little over 10 years, i was very active on the fakehair lj community forever ago. in high school i was super broke and messed around with yarn braids and dying my hair crazy colours. installing tons of yarn braids on myself (and a few friends) allowed me to work on sectioning and braiding tight and fast. eventually i bought some jumbo braid from walmart (LOL!) and made my own dreads which i loved!!! now i wear a few wefts of clip in human hair extensions. my hair is sooo thin and has no volume, so that is why i loved yarn braids, dreads, and clip in human hair extensions.

fast forward to today!! i happened into some christmas money and ordered my first dread kit from etsy!! after looking around a lot and reading this forum, i found a style and dreadmaker that i liked and ordered!! i can't wait to put them in, and not have to worry about my crappy, fine, gross hair anymore! i will be installing them myself, and hope to use the blanket stitch since my hair is a bit long. i can't wait to post on this forum, and maybe one day make my own dreads again!! here are some pictures of me and my son. in these pictures i am wearing human hair clip in extensions. i have some really funny pictures of my old yarn braids and dreads somewhere... maybe one day i'll post those lol :)

i think he is around 1.5-2m here.

i think he is around 3m here.

6m

our family. my boyfriend has very thick, curly hair (like an aferican american afro, basically.) and when we met he had the most perfect, long, natural dreads i'd ever seen! he is going to get them again some day soon :)

most recent! maybe no the best picture of me... lol but i never get a chance to get photos of my son and i together :) this is from around christmas time, he is about a year old here!!
Steph's Custom Crochet: Etsy // Facebook
I am open to trades! Show me what you have (dreads/headbands/clothes/dread accessories) and if you have something I fancy I will trade you for a custom piece!

aliara

Post by aliara » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:50 am

Hi! :]

My name is sarah. I've always wanted dreadlocks but was always too afraid to make the commitment to dread my real hair. A few months ago I stumbled upon synthetic dreadlocks online. I suppose I always knew they were out there just had never really given much thought to them before. So when I found people that actually made and sold them I quickly became obsessed :mrgreen: I'm pretty sure more than half of my facebook friends are dreadmakers at this point, heh. I've already ordered a few accent kits and a full set so far =p I haven't done any full installs on my head yet but I've done a partial install and am looking forward to my first full install very soon! I live in rural illinois, you rarely even see real dreads here, so walking through my town with a head full of synthetic dreads should be fun :i2:

I decided to try to make my own about a week ago but that ended up being a horrible disaster... I hope to figure out what I'm doing wrong and attempt it again soon. I am so amazed at how easy you all make dreadmakeing look! I see so much true talent!

I'm a bit of a lurker, so idk how much I'll actually post.. at least for a while, but I've been stalking this forum for a few weeks and I love it so I'll definitely be reading!

Psychotika

Post by Psychotika » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:17 am

Hello people!

First I want to thank Littlepinkfaery for allowing me to register :)

My name is Stéphanie, and I'm from The Netherlands, living in the near of Rotterdam. Since 17 dec. I'm 19 years old.
For almost 3 years I'm following the scene *cyber, gothic, rave, etc.*, and last year I decided to myself I want to be a part of it. No, not a stereotype cybergirl, but I want to open a webshop for the dutch people who wants hairfalls.

I'm exercising with kk hair now, so I hope my goods are good to sell at the end of the year!

One of my passions is music! I like all kinds of music, but for me, gabber, industrial hardcore and drum 'n bass are my favourites.
Other passions are photography, making cosmetics (soap and bubble bars), photoshop, webdesign, and art.

Dreadlocks Croatia

Post by Dreadlocks Croatia » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:11 pm

Hello everybody.
I`m from Croatia and I work dreadlocks in my own salon 15 years.
I am here because I want learn everything about synth and wool dreads from you. :)

Dreadlocks Croatia

Post by Dreadlocks Croatia » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:02 pm

Hello to everyone here.
I am haidresser from Croatia and I doing dreadlocks 15 years in my own salon.
Now I have wish to learn everything about synth and wool dreads, and start making them.

Miharu

Post by Miharu » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:48 pm

Hello all,

My name is Miharu, and I am a Doctored Locks Shapeshifter addict.

It's kind of ironic that I've notice most of you who contribute on this forum seem to be enjoying the process of creating synthetic dreadlocks. I, on the other hand, have had natural dreadlocks in my hair since 1986 (yes, 26 years!) Exactly 1 year ago, the last week of January 2011, I suddenly decided that it was time to change my hairstyle. The past year has been exciting, nerve-wracking, scary, fun, lovely and a time of intense creative ferver all rolled into one. My natural dreads have gone from being halfway down my back to being clipped at about earlobe-length, and I've been braiding rainbows of colors of synthetic hair onto my dreads and allowing the fake hair to hang loose down my back. I've been doing this mostly on my own without any advice or guidance, just figuring it out as I go along.

I've tried many different types and brands of fake hair over the past year, but about 6 months ago I discovered Shapeshifter in a random internet search... I order some, tried it... and have been madly in love with it ever since.

I presently have natural bangs cut straight across, with my natural dreads cut at earlobe length, with about a dozen different colors of Shapeshifter fake hair braided onto my dreads and hanging loosely to my waist. I have slowly through trial and error been figuring out how best to handle, care for and maintain the Shapeshifter hair. I am very excited to have found you all here in these forums; I very much look forward to getting to know some of you, and I look forward to benefiting from the tons of experience that is present here.

Besides having great fun with fake hair extensions, I work full time in the international administration office for a large order of Catholic Nuns (the sisters really enjoy my wild pink, blue, purple, black, brown and red hair!) I also devote quite a lot of time to becoming a formidable competitive pool (billiards) player... between the waist-length hair extensions, dramatic colorful makeup, high heel shoes, short skirts and hot pink pool stick, the local boys get very intimidated when I walk into a pool hall and start kicking butts. It rules to be me!

Thank you for inviting me into your group.

Peace,
Miharu

Psychotika

Post by Psychotika » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:25 am

Well, I thought I made a post here...

Hi. My name is Stéphanie, 19 years old and currently living in the near of Rotterdam, The Netherlands. You know, the country of drugs, tulips and windmills.

About 2 years ago I became interested in the cyber, rave, gothic etc. scene, and now I decided to be a part of it. My goal is to have a professional webshop at the end of this year. Because I've seen very useful tutorials about hairtechniques, I decided to register.

I like to be creative: making hairpieces, making soap, photography, webdesign and photoshopping are a few things I like to do. And music. Music is my way of life. I like al kinds of music, but gabber, synthpop and drum 'n bass a really my favourites.

PureUnDilutedEvil

Post by PureUnDilutedEvil » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:42 pm

Heyho!
Thought it was about time I participated in the posting, been nosying about for a bit ;)

First of all, thank you rivetlicker. Your videos have been most informative :idea:

Well, I be Ciara, 24, UK.
Been working on my dreads for a few weeks now, getting there, slowly.
I have a 17 week old with a preference for Mummy.....he knows where the food is :lol:

I'll hopefully get finished soon and get some pictures up!

Nixivix

Post by Nixivix » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:51 pm

Hey :)

I'm Niki and I'm new here.
I'm getting my first set of synth dreads installed on sunday and I'm really excited, so I'm here looking for advice and I look forward to getting to know everyone ^^

allystar17

Post by allystar17 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:29 pm

im ally heyyy
new to this site but picked up a few tips an im quite new to making dreads :) :mrgreen:

Winzadreads

Post by Winzadreads » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:33 pm

Hi all I'm new to the site but not to synth dreads I've had them for a few years now but...... We moved house and my brother threw my bag with mine in the bin !! So I feel bald right now I'm hoping to find a good deal on a set of dark brown dreads on the forum , is there a for sale section ? Can't afford them just yet unless I find 50 de for £10 lol but wanna take a look

Return to “New to the Hair extentions forum...”