THE ONE AND ONLY INTRODUCTION THREAD!

Forum rules
Please can all new members add to the ONE thread- DO NOT make your own thread.

DO not promote or sell
NO chatter at all
LittlePinkFaery

Re: THE ONE AND ONLY INTRODUCTION THREAD!

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:58 pm

You are not allowed to buy or trade as a new member- see rules! But welcome anyway nice to have you here, indeed all our new members :)

Winzadreads

Post by Winzadreads » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:50 pm

Thanks :D I posted my intro before reading the rules ...my bad :oops:

theodora

Post by theodora » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:08 pm

Hi everyone! I've been a lurker on here for some time now. I found out about this forum from a member of another hair forum (the Long Hair Community) who recommended it. I just finished my first set of wool roving DEs made thanks to Saspie Doo's tute and I've been installing it in the past 4 days, just doing a little at a time as I get tired quickly. I am also getting help from my boyfriend, and it has been quite the tiring task for the both of us!
I have wanted natural dreads on and off for a very long time and thanks to this forum I realised that I could first try dread extensions to see how I liked it before taking the plunge. I also quite enjoy dying my hair, which is lilac with turquoise ends at the moment.
Anyhow I really look forward to getting to know all of you and spending some time on this forum which seems to have such a lovely and friendly atmosphere!

AjaxFitton

Post by AjaxFitton » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:32 am

Hey everybody, My name is Ajax.

I have been making synth/roving/crin/mixed media dreads for about four years,
I LOVE roving, like synth and HATE crin.
I've been on this forum for quite a while, started off lurking when my ex (R31) and I found it years ago.
since then we learned how to make dreads of all kinds and after we split I even managed to get a few shops to stock my products. XD
I think it's probably time that I myself became an active member of this forum, mostly to vocally admire the prettiness that is the showoff threads.

That's all from me, hoping to put some pics up once I've started making things again.
talk soon.

xxxxxxxxx
dreadly - Pronunciation (dred-lee)
–adjective
1. having attitude that gives great personal strength due to dreadlocks.

http://www.facebook.com/dreadlydreads
http://www.etsy.com/people/dreadlydreads

balanz

Post by balanz » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:32 pm

Hi there--I've probably been a lurker here for over a year...I'm just getting into creating synth dreads, and this forum has been quite a source of inspiration and education for that journey :) I am looking forward to learning more and hopefully at some point being able to contribute to this awesome forum!

bondablecorpse

Post by bondablecorpse » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:17 am

Hi all!
I'm Helen, and I'm relatively new to hair extensions - I started making my own DE synth dreads last year, which was fun, but hard work (covered in burns from the steam iron by the end of it)! I had a set I half made and half bought installed last year, and I absolutely fell in love! Tend to go with basic black and then coloured highlights, but I've got a load of Tibetan yak bone carvings (dice, skulls, skeletons) that are fun to braid into the extensions, for a piratey look :)
I live in Stratford-upon-Avon, which seems like an alternative dead zone - be interested to see if anyone else on here is in the West Midlands!
xxx
H

bondablecorpse

Post by bondablecorpse » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi all,
New round here, living in Stratford-upon-Avon - made my own DE synth dreads and had them installed for the first time last year, and fell in love! Be nice to know if anyone else is local :)
x
Helen

Cayte Catastrophe

Post by Cayte Catastrophe » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:07 am

Hi there!

I used to be on these hair boards close to 10 years ago! I'm currently in Cosmetology school to get my license. If anyone is in the Central New York area that would like a new style, please PM me! Afterwards, I plan on attending Hair Police classes, which has been a dream for a long time. I love synth dreads, extensions in general , and real, natural dreads. I'd eventually like to do hair and special FX makeup for photo shoots and theatre.

Take care,
Cayte Catastrophe

Synthetik Ecstasy

Post by Synthetik Ecstasy » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:30 pm

Hey everybody :)

Some of you may remember me from the HH forum! To those of you who don't know me..

Hi, I'm Jodie :D I'm 23 from a small town in Leicestershire called Hinckley. I have been making and selling extensions for 5 years however I did close shop for a few years. But i'm back now with vengance :twisted:

I have seen a lot of faces on here from the old HH board and a few new ones so hopefully creeping back in to the hairy-side won't be too difficult ;)

kiarajade252

Post by kiarajade252 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:25 am

Hi My name is Jo and live in a small country town nsw australia, I used to have synthetic extensions many years ago geez prob 15 years lol . I have 5 children and im currently trying to make my first set extensions atm will try and post a pic when i'm finished. I have slowly learning how to make my own but have seen so many wonderful sets made by members here one day hope to be as good. ;)

Morthoseth

Post by Morthoseth » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:26 pm

Hi peeps, I'm kinda new to this awesome groovy hair and dreads scene, I've always loved dreads and funky hair.
Haven't had much experience with them, 1 set of roving dreads a few years ago which lasted 4 days due to sons school and nits blegh.
Looking to get some going and make my own, this forum seems to be hair nirvana.
I look forward to getting some insight and help with my techniques.

X Morthy X

Dracornasus

Post by Dracornasus » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:49 pm

Hello :) I'm Lizzie. I have been interested in synthetic dreads for about a year now. For Halloween I made my own cyber goth outfit from the dreads, to the goggles, to the leggings and skirt. I love to crochet, sew, paint, do makeup and hair. I'm also a photography major in college. I have 1 year left!

I'm also a single mom to a wonderful little girl named Calypso aka Caly. She is 3 months old! <3
I live in upstate NY, USA

I just recently on this past April 1, 2012 made my own roving dreads and installed them on myself. It was such a fun project and I can't wait to make more! I already have a few people who want me to make and install dreads for them. I used hand dyed merino wool, and my own process for felting them.

purpleoranges

Post by purpleoranges » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:14 pm

Hi, I'm Zoe, and I've loved dreads for years! I love all kinds, but roving has a special place in my heart. I've been making rovings for myself for a while, and have recently branched out into making them for other people, so let's see how that goes! I'd love to try making synth, but I have a bad phobia about burning myself, so I might have to work up to that. I'll stick to woolies for now!

Little Bean

Post by Little Bean » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:47 pm

Hello I'm Sarah and totally new to world of hair extensions. I used to have long hair and in a fit of stupidness I decided to get it chopped off - no like! Have been looking at ways of using extensions to get my length back and have spent many an hour surfing the net when I came across this forum. Liked what I was seeing and have decided to join to get some inspiration

chelseagirl

Post by chelseagirl » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:39 pm

Hi there everyone! I'm not actually "new", but I haven't been on here for years. My life turned so hectic after having kids and having a full-time job, I just never had time to play around with hair stuffs anymore. Plus, my husband banned me from wearing hair extensions because he said it would embarass our kids. :( It brings back memories and makes me happy to browse around on here and look at all the great looking hair! I hope all is well with everyone...lol, I don't even know if anyone who is on here now would even remember me. :)

NearFantastica

Post by NearFantastica » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:22 am

Hey guys, my name is Bee. I've been interested in funky hair styles and fun hair colors for years now. I've had my hair super long and super short. I get bored quickly with long hair, it seems every time I've ever managed to grow it out I go in for a trim and end up telling them to just cut it all off lol. I was always the girl whose hair was dyed, and usually bright colors. In high school a friend and I decided to put braid extensions in my hair, not really realizing how long of a process that actually is. It took us at least a week to braid them in and install. It was so heavy it had to come out after about 3 weeks lol. I made one set of dread falls not too long after that, which I wore out even though they were terrible lol but I loved them anyway.I've had sewn in human hair extensions, clip in extensions, micro loop extensions, dread and loose hair falls and more than a few wigs, but one thing I never came back to until recently are the dread extensions, which is funny, because I've been obsessed with having them for so long. So, I am attempting my first set of better quality extensions than the ones I attempted in high school lol. I'm here basically looking for advice and lots of tips, I know there are tons of people here with tons of experience and great advice (cause I've been lurking for awhile ha). I've been researching like crazy, I plan on getting good at this ;) Looking forward to learning lots and getting to know some of you! :mrgreen:
...I like to pretend that I'm a rockstar while driving o.O

Nidawi

Post by Nidawi » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:21 pm

Hi everyone, I'm Jayleigh, 22 from Leicestershire. I'm a mum to two tear aways errr...children! haha
I've dabbled with dreads/loose extensions and multiple colours since I was bout 14, I'm trained to NVQ Level 2 Hairdressing but since having babies I dont do much hair for work as I'm a SAHM :)
Im currently halfway through a wool roving set in fuchsia, aqua and pale pink :)

Dowch

Post by Dowch » Wed May 23, 2012 9:23 pm

Hi Hi!! I'm Dowch. I've got two little boys under two and a 5 year old weimeraner. My husband is in the Navy and we move ALL THE TIME. So each move I get deemed the weird wife. No one ever knows what my hair will look or be like.
I've been making my own dreads for about 3 years now and as of April this year opened an Etsy store. :D My 1st set of dreads where real and then I missed my soft hair. So I started making sew-in dreads from human hair extensions. Then hair wraps. Then synthetic hair and now roving. I love wool. It's so fun and soft. My husband always complained about the scratchy synthetics and human hair dreads but not the wool.

Dowch

Post by Dowch » Wed May 23, 2012 11:48 pm

Here I go again. I hope I'm not spamming my intro but I don't think my posts are posting at all. SO
HI, I'm Chelsey aka Dowch. I'm a Domestic Engineer and have 2 full-time employees and 1 part time. For those whom never heard of a Domestic Engineer, it's a fancy way of saying you're a stay at home mom. My husband is Active duty Navy. I'm the weird wife with the crazy hair. I love wool. I love to spin it, knit it, felt it, dread it, wear it, and I'd marry it if I could. :o
I have two little boys. One is almost 2 years and the other is almost 4 months. My oldest is a tank who likes to push my buttons but it's uber cute when he rolls dreads with me. My little guy still new, he can nurse and smile at the same time now :D I love my life.
I've been playing with hair stuff for...5ish years I'm gonna say. My husband told me I'd look hot with blue hair one day and BAM I dyed it blue. I learned everything I know from being self taught up until a year ago. I lived in Japan and got evacuated from the tsunami and nuclear meltdown. While in Japan I didn't have access to a lot of website due to some weird domain thing and so for a while I thought I was original using wool roving in my hair!! :lol: Funny huh? Anywho. Lets hope this works this time around...

Nessdufrat

Post by Nessdufrat » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:16 pm

Hi everybody !
I'm Vanessa, 30, French (so excuse my English ^^), living in Switzerland. So, to the more interesting stuff... I'm a proof-reader, a webdesigner and a writer (I'm the author of the well-known french sci-fi online novel Les Enfants de l'Ô. But then, it's in French, so...).
I'm new to hair extensions... Actually, my hair is below waist, and I fell sick some years ago and I lost some of it, so now I still have long hair, but very thin. I don't want to cut it, so I've been looking for solutions... And I found the hair extensions ^^ I'm gonna order some in a few weeks (shipping to Switzerland from the States is always too expensive, and a friend of mine who lives there will be coming back in August. I'll buy them in July so he can bring them to me), but in the meantime, I've become quite interested in how things are done. I saw the book "wig making and styling" and I found it quite amazing.
So here I am ! And I'll start posting questions very soon ^^

KamikazeKreations

Post by KamikazeKreations » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:07 pm

Hello lovelies!
Been doing synth dreads now since 2004, mostly for DE installs for myself. But I'm in love with all fake hair since I can't commit! Most recently did a shapeshifter weft install, it was interesting lol so happy now to have a job where they embrace the synth. Living in the Kansas City metro now, 27 year old, and working as a pharmacy technician. Love fake hair, piercings, tattoos, and COLOR! I haven't lurked on here too much, used to be a part of the lj communities (user: kimutheemu) but theyve kinda died out. Hope to be active on here and look forward to learning more!

Zom13bie

Post by Zom13bie » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:59 pm

Hi I'm Asha
I'm a 25 year old single mum of one. Although I've had crazy and multicoloured hair but have only recently started with the whole dread scene. I've no idea how to make my own but would like to learn........until I see the amazing dreads out there and no I could never do something that good :( Anyways I'm here to learn and chat and explore the drad/extensions scene :P

TultaMunille

Post by TultaMunille » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:28 am

Ohaider! ^.^

I have been obsessing over this website and mega lurking for many hours now. I've made dreads before and they rocked, but I've been soaking up every bit of information that I can about making natural synthetic dreads. I'm currently living in Alaska (originally from MS), working for Princess Cruises and am making a set for Osheaga (Osheaga.com XD) which is only a bit over a month away. ANY advice that you could offer would be greatly appreciated, and I'll post a link to my Pinterest inspiration board for the dread set I'm making. Since I live in such an isolated area, I'm trying to not waste any bit of the precious hair that I have shipped so, anything that I should avoid would be wonderful advice as well =)

You are all SO talented and I can't wait to hear from you and share my progress!

~Neesha

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/tultamunille/festivaaalll/

beekyoo

Post by beekyoo » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:22 am

Hi everyone!

I'm Bec, but people always seem to make their own version of it...Bec, Becsley, Beeks, Becsta....I'm down for anything :D
I'm 25 years old, from Melbourne, Australia.

I'll get straight to my hair story! Ever since I can remember I've been putting stuff in my hair. When I was really little I'd get mum to plait it and I'd stick beads and stuff in it. I got my first extensions when I was 7. Long pink clip-in strands that looked ridiculous in my brown, curly hair, but I loved them sooo hard and was hooked instantly. I first dyed my hair when I was 12 and I haven't been my natural colour since :P I've had it blue, red, orange, purple, blah, blah, blah...but I've settled on black for now. I'm currently in love with feathers.

Having said all that, what I've always, always wanted is dreads, but for various reasons I can't have my own, but I found out about wool dreads and now it's all I can think of. I found this forum while looking for pics and tips about making them and had to join :D

I'm really looking forward to making my first set, and being part of this forum! Thanks for reading!
Peace :)
Rapunzel! Rapunzel! Let down thy golden extensions.

hairlove75

Post by hairlove75 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:11 pm

[*]hello there guys, and i'm jessica aka hairlove75.
:D

I've been reading through the various parts of this forum and decided i wanted to join. Plus i wanted to add my knowledge of extensions to help you all. I have working with extensions.. for about a decade. more and more i learn new things, and it makes me even happier to expand my talents in this area. I make hair pieces, and hair extensions and love creating things out of the ordinary.

Return to “New to the Hair extentions forum...”