THE ONE AND ONLY INTRODUCTION THREAD!

Forum rules
Please can all new members add to the ONE thread- DO NOT make your own thread.

DO not promote or sell
NO chatter at all
Candied_Angel

Re: THE ONE AND ONLY INTRODUCTION THREAD!

Post by Candied_Angel » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:12 am

Well hello there!

My name is Ashley, aka Candied_Angel on this forum, the Threadbanger forums, and my blog on wordpress [no advertising intended].

My interest in fake hair came from my obsession to make my african-american hair more appealing without becoming stereotypical and boring.

I love colours and I love alternative ways to do things. I admit that I went through a goth phase and contemplated a scene kid phase but now that I'm attending a university I've begun to find myself piece by piece.

My main focus in fake hair are colourful extensions and dreads. I'm open to every other hair category that is out there, since there is a certain beauty in everything.

I've been a failure at my own dread-making as well as fall making, I've only succeeded in a pair of black yarn falls with faux strings of pearls in them. So hopefully joining this forum and scouring it will make me a better fall maker and individuality 'expresser'.

I'm up for anything.
Striving for social imperfection since 1990.

twinkletoes

Post by twinkletoes » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:49 am

Hi my name is Song, and I've been wanting to make my own hair extentions for years. Which I have never gotten round to doing, but I do make my own jewllery.

Bekaloo

Post by Bekaloo » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:05 am

Hey there, my name is Rebekah..
I've been on and off most of the vampirefreaks dread cults for the past 6 years.

The first and only set of dreads I made were probably 3 years ago, I'm looking into furthering my experience with synthetic dreads. This seems like an excellent place to be!

Thanks for having me! :P

pinktoy

Post by pinktoy » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:52 pm

hi guys
i'm a french girl (sorry for my poor english) , my nickname is pinktoy.
I wear synthetic dreads since 4 years . I don't make them but i'm looking for people who make funny and strange synthetic dreads .Thanks for having me :i2:

EyeSpy

Post by EyeSpy » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:33 pm

Hi everyone! My name's Laice. Woaah, i haven't used this much html since i was on myspace! It's so odd! Before i knew about sythetic fibre etc i made my boyfriend some wool dreads and installed them for him. In all honesty, they weren't that great, but he was please and so was I (: Now he's decided he wants sythetic fibre dreads so i'm kind of trying to turn my hand to this at the moment. So that's why i joined this forum, I heard about it after watching some of RivetLickers video on youtube. (: Anyway, hope to speak to you guys soon (:
If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor.

Kaori

Post by Kaori » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:17 pm

Hello ^^
My name is Kaori and i'm 15 (:

Robskii

Post by Robskii » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:59 pm

Hello! I'm Robskii, I'm 23 and I live in London...

I've been lurking for a long time, but now I've decided to come out into the open! I love making and wearing synthetic dreads, and though I'm not amazing at making them yet I'm hoping that will change with practice ;)

lara.pace

Post by lara.pace » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:23 pm

Hi everyone!

I am newbie here...
My name is Lara...
I havent experience any extensions.
The reason why I joined here, is to get an idea to all of you how it looks like, and where did you guys get it.
And some advices on what kinds of extensions are fit for me.

Thanks! :D

NotJustAnotherGirl

Post by NotJustAnotherGirl » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:59 pm

Hi there ^^ My name is Lauralee
My company is NotJustAnotherGirl I make dreads, wigs, clothing and other hair related stuff
I have been making synthetic dreads for nearly 7 years now and I really love it. I joined this to meet other people who do hair and share ideas

I'm on myspace at myspace.com/notjustanothergirlhair

elaine.williams

Post by elaine.williams » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:05 pm

hi!
newbie..
good to be here..
the reason for joining is to get some idea and advises from you guys.
Thanks!

see y'all around..

ladyfairybug

Post by ladyfairybug » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:01 pm

Hi Im Ladyfairybug,
Ive had real dreads before and synthetic dread extentions and now Im thinking of synthetic dreads or maybe I will dread it into my hair. Not made up my mind yet.

Well I live in newcastle and am a mum of two girls. My husband has real dreadlocks. Im vegan, green and starting to teach tribal fusion belly dance. My hair at the moment i hate , im growing it and is about 5 inches long, :( arghhh. I need dread extentions, quick.................... :i2:

Glamour Trash

Hello all!

Post by Glamour Trash » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:02 am

Hi there.

I'm Glamour Trash, known to my family and friends as Skye. I've lived in Christchurch, New Zealand all my life and love all things alternative/punk/goth/etc.

I've been lurking this forum for a long time, and the heavenly hair forum before that. I've read a lot, and learnt alot. However, I am now hoping to take a more active role within this amazing community, starting right here with this post. :)

Vex88

Post by Vex88 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:56 am

Hey there,

Im Kirsty,new to this forum but I did used to be on heavenly hair before it shut down :/ Have been away from fall making for a while and now I'm back and looking to branch out. Had previously focused on plain wool falls, which are great but now looking to get more practice in dread falls and hopefully some cyberfalls too..if I can only find somewhere to buy crin that doesn't harass my bank balance :)

So yeah, hey all :)

Kx
Kirsty x
There's no place like 127.0.0.1.
---------------------------------------
Facebook
Etsy!
DysfunctionDesigns on Facebook
Artfire!

Libertine

Post by Libertine » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:01 pm

Hi!

I'm kinda new to this forum, i've lurked for a very long time, but i'm now ready to show off some stuff!

I'm 21 years old and i live i Denmark about 20 minutes from Copenhagen center, in a small flat with my cat, Duchesse (she only reacts on her "second" name, Sausage :oops: ).

I used to study at the barber school in copenhagen, but got kicked out as my boss apparently just needed some cheap cleaning and a coffee maker for a few months, and fired me three days before my permanent employment.
I never found a new hairdresser to work at, and i am now an accounts trainee at my mom's company. Not quite what i wished for, but i'm coping with it and hoping for better days! :)

I love partying and being creative, i have a big facination for all kinds of body modifications, a big fan of shoes and accessories, antique furniture 'fetish' and a huge fan of animal skulls as wall decoration. Died of natural causes ofcourse :)

See you! :P
In art, only the bizarre is beautiful.
-Charles Baudelaire

Pinkkiee*

Post by Pinkkiee* » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:46 am

Hi hi! :i6:

My name is nicole and I am 17 and I live in San Diego, California. ^^ I currently have pink hair and i love it so much. I plan on beggining cosmetology school this summer.

I have moderate experience with fake hair, I made my first yarn dread falls when I was about 14 years old. I have made two fall sets of various plastic bits and yarn. I have also installed yarn in my hair (which molded :lol: ). I had dreads for about 6 months, which I recently took out because I love to change my hair so much. I am currently interested in wool roving, thick wool yarn, and faux roving falls. I really want to make some so i have been googling and found this site (which is the best I have found), so i decided to join. ^^

pamplemusique

Post by pamplemusique » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:49 pm

My name is Betsy, but I'm posting here as pamplemusique as I do in a few other sites (raversonly.com, eplaya.burningman.com). It's a combination of my favorite spoken word (pamplemousse, French for grapefruit) and music.

For the last couple of years I've been making costumes that are sort of a cross between cosplay and clubwear. About a year ago I stumbled on Katie Bair's site and was inspired by her work to start making my own creations.

After figuring out some basic techniques for working with fake hair by reading a lot of how-tos and through trial and error, I've started to run into problems and questions that don't seem to be answered in the high-level how-tos I can find online. I'm hoping that this site will be a resource to get a lot of my questions answered and hopefully pass on a thing or two that I've figured out.

It's a pleasure to meet you all!

mrshennejoyner

Post by mrshennejoyner » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:48 pm

Hey there. (^_^) I am Mary Geraldine. I am a model, artist, and cosmetologist (among many other things). I wear and work in all kinds of extensions including human, synthetic, wool, cyber, etc. To learn more about me you can check out any of my online networking profiles listed in my profile or simply drop me a message.

G1A_Zomb13

Post by G1A_Zomb13 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:06 am

Hello!

My name is Gia. I've been a lurker for such a long time! I figured I'd properly introduce myself.

I'm known as "Aig" on Vampirefreaks, and Gia Zombie on MySpace. I also have a Facebook, just look up G1AZomb13. (I think, lol).

I've been fascinated with synthetic dreads and other various forms of fake hair for quite some time now. I started making dreads about 4 years ago just to try it out. And I try and make as many as I can now. :]
I heard about this forum from DTBD on VF, and admire everyone's work on here. :lol:

I was born in Dallas, Texas and am currently in college; I want to major in fashion design and provide the underground scene with more lovely clothes!

I'm still in Dallas, so anyone in the general DFW area should come chill with me sometime! :i9:

Here I am with some of my dreadies!

alix_bubblybabe

Post by alix_bubblybabe » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:34 am

Hey I've been lurking for a few weeks here reading tutorials and swatching the show off posts. Pretty much I love hair thats a bit different and have been dying bits of my hair for years, was thinking about getting some fake dreads (as my hair is way too thin to look decent with real ones) and stumbled across this forum. Just made my first set of dreads - they didn't look so good but I loved the look when they were in (as falls) and will be definitely making more so I should be lurking about here a bit more often :D

Ayown

Post by Ayown » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:52 pm

Hello all!
I'm Amanda! I'm 16 and come from a rather boring part of England called St Helens. I attend college and i hope to go to a local university where i can slack off a few more years of childhood before i face the adult world :D
I first got into synthetic dreads when i came across vampirefreaks... this was a couple years ago when i was 14. I thought they were absolutely beautiful and completely outragous at the same time! After joining some cults i ended up asking about reliable sites to buy dreads.. well long story short i was scammed into paying £90 for a set that i never got :( This was all whilst i was in a goth phase, you know, when you think you're hardcore and stuff.
Anyway i had a go at making synthetic dreads myself but never really got into it. I'm out of my alternative phase yet im pretty much finding myself still in love with them! So, as i'm going to Download this year my goal is to make a set that'll hold up and stand the ultimate festival test :lol:
I've already started making them and hope to post pictures and get some good CC :]

I have been a creepy lurker here for quite a while and i hope that joining here will turn this from a one-off set to a small passion :P
Heres a picture of me, seeing as a block of writing seems pretty boring in itself;

kristytattoo

Post by kristytattoo » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:26 am

hi to all new here but seen this site awhile back i make dreads and experiment with kk hair, do fx make up and LOVE it have my own site social/business which is a continious work in progress, my aim is to make it user friendly and be interesting to all. im also a tattoo artist, musician since i was 6, i hand paint tattoo designs also on acryllic nail tips which i do also, love horror/metal/ tom boy thats me! i alternative model occasionally, and im a mum of 3 a beautiful almost 8yo girl & almost 3yo boy/girl twins who r the centre of my universe. i work hard, im 100% genuine and hate fakes and ignorant ppl so just here to say hi and its always nice 2 meet new ppl with similar interests. plenty more i cld tell but dont wanna bore u xxx be well everyone, Kristy xxxxx]
Last edited by kristytattoo on Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

ViXeNeXiV

Post by ViXeNeXiV » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:25 am

Hi there.
Name is Mara but you can call me Vix
I am 21 this august & i live down under *Australia*
This is me

*HURRAY!!.... they all cheer*

For many years now i have had a very large interest in synthetic dreads & other assortments of colorful synthetic hair.
But only recently have i been able to afford to have some actual hands on experience with the stuff.

Dabbling in a little of this & that, I have come to love making Synthetic dreads & falls as a hobby.
My fave color is Red :D

I love my Metal music & a good horror movie.
But i still love my B-grade marathons with my mates on occasion.

If there is anything else you would like to know bout me.
Feel free to contact me.
Thankies
Stay metal

Mandahowl

Post by Mandahowl » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:30 pm

Hey everyone!

The first time I saw someone with synthetic dreads, I freaked out from how awesome they were!The girl I saw had butt-length flame coloured ones... and then the next week she had blue ones. I thought they were so awesome but I had no idea what they were or how to get them.

Years later, I've made and installed a set of dreads strictly from all the information found on this forum... you guys are awesome. I just wanted to say thanks for making this such a wicked community.

I have a few questions about technique and such... I'm really looking forward to particpating.

xo manda

Paine Fury

Post by Paine Fury » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:39 pm

Hi ladies and gents!

I'm new to the forum, and new to styling. I've been a fan of dreads/falls/cyberlox for years but too wimpy to give them a go myself.

I'm an EGA/Alternative/Goth fan, I'm also a LRPer so dressing up in ridiculous and crazy costumes is a regular thing for me. I'm into:

- Corsets, currently tightlacing from a 34 inch waist to a 28
- Animals, in particular cats
- Fetish clothing and lifestyle
- Gaming
- Music, mostly rock/metal
- Crafts, painting, cross-stitch and costume-making
- Paganism
- Reading, mostly fiction/fantasy
- Maelstrom LRP (any regulars in here?)
- Cycling, swimming and badminton
- I'm also an amateur plus-size fetish model, but SERIOUSLY amateur, lol.

I do, however hate:

- Rudeness
- Judgemental people
- Spitting in the street
- Chavs

This is me as my secondary LRP charater, a tart called Saffron Harvey:
Face made up as a Malkavian vampire from The Masquerade: Bloodlines
As my primary LRP cat character, Clover Muse (my fiance is the weirdo on the left)
Various cat make ups:

I'm going to be venturing into making Kanekalon falls for the first time soon, and I've looked up various tutorial videos on YouTube. I'll post pics when they arrive and I can get cracking

Nina xxxx
"I am to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

AbbieLaZe

Post by AbbieLaZe » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:55 am

Hi All :D
And welcome to the boardds!!

It's awesome to see some Aussies on here.
Sorry about yabberingb on about it, but there's been so few of us here for that long, I'm all exctied to see the synth hair craze making a move around oz :D

Cheers
Manda
** Manda **

Otherwize known as AbbieLaze

Return to “New to the Hair extentions forum...”