my mini websites :0

Locked
User avatar
MissPlastik
Posts: 593
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:19 am
Location: N.Wales
Contact:

my mini websites :0

Post by MissPlastik » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:14 pm

ok so they're small...and simple.

But i thought id show them off and see what you guys think :)

http://plastikperfection.bigcartel.com/

this is my kitsch cute stuff...simple but i love doing it...anything that makes me hungry is guuurd :p

and then theres this one.

http://stefisboutique.bigcartel.com/

I make wedding/prom jewellery for a local shop.

I got my prom necklace(stupid me) from debenhams it cost me 50quid and there was no semi precious stuff...or silver.

made me want to do a more affordable posh jewellery range ^_^
Some people dont want to spend hundreds on wedding jewellery :O

so tadaaa!

anyway what you guys think ^__^

and a couple of questions.

I've been told my posh stuff is too cheap by a few people and that it would put people off buying it.

If you're married how much did you spend on your jewellery?
and how much on the bridesmaids?

same for if you're planning ^_^

and for the cute jewellery
how much would you normally spend on a kitsch/cute/charm necklace?

xx

User avatar
Lorny
Posts: 2944
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:33 am
Location: Bedford, UK
Contact:

Re: my mini websites :0

Post by Lorny » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:50 pm

I really like the wedding jewellery! I like that it boasts all the crystals and what have you. I certainly don't think it's too cheap; considering you're branching out to the people who's first port of call isn't one of the posh places, I don't think you should make things too expensive. I think that would put people off more cuz you need to build up good reviews first before you hitch up prices. :)

User avatar
MissPlastik
Posts: 593
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:19 am
Location: N.Wales
Contact:

Re: my mini websites :0

Post by MissPlastik » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:00 pm

Lorny wrote:I really like the wedding jewellery! I like that it boasts all the crystals and what have you. I certainly don't think it's too cheap; considering you're branching out to the people who's first port of call isn't one of the posh places, I don't think you should make things too expensive. I think that would put people off more cuz you need to build up good reviews first before you hitch up prices. :)

Thankyou v.much ^_^

I didn't think I needed to change the prices either, the first person to comment was the wedding shop owner.
I have things in there but she said if the prices are too cheap people will think its cheap rubbish.

I think of it from a "im not very rich" persons pov, i wouldn't have thousands to spend on jewellery..or hundreds even o_o and I know theres alot of people the same.

I also dont like to do repeats, unless its custom for bridesmaids or something.
I like ooak stuffs
^_^

User avatar
trippytroll
Posts: 1299
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:31 pm
Location: weston-super-mare

Re: my mini websites :0

Post by trippytroll » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:04 pm

on cute kitcsh stuff i would pay about £3 for a necklace depending on what it is, if it was literally just a charm on a necklace then yeh about £2-£3 but mabe slightly more if it had other things on it like nice clasps or beads, and other things.
and i personally wouldnt spend that amount on wedding jewellery, but then what your offering is not personally my cup of tea, but im already married and the only jewellery i bought when geting married was an eyebrow bar for about £5, so im not really sure how much wedding jewellery stuff is and what makes it stand out as wedding jewellery,
good luck with your ventures and if your happy with your prices then dont chnage them
x
sophie
otherwise known as...
moomin love
TwIsTeD TaT
trippytroll
sale stuff here, make offers
http://trippytroll.livejournal.com/66563.html#cutid1

User avatar
Annika
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:16 am

Re: my mini websites :0

Post by Annika » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:57 am

I have a mini shop, I sell a few of the same/very similar 'kitsch' items you do, there's a couple of bits there that I charge £2-£4 pounds for, that you're charging £6. I think in a RL shop, you could probably charge that much, but for an unknown online business it's maybe a smidge too much?

Or maybe I'm not charging enough, I don't know! These aren't the bread and butter of my shop, but sidelines I like to make the place look 'busy',

User avatar
NaturalistDesigns
Posts: 2337
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:22 pm
Location: Northants, UK

Re: my mini websites :0

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:28 am

MissPlastik wrote:
Lorny wrote:I really like the wedding jewellery! I like that it boasts all the crystals and what have you. I certainly don't think it's too cheap; considering you're branching out to the people who's first port of call isn't one of the posh places, I don't think you should make things too expensive. I think that would put people off more cuz you need to build up good reviews first before you hitch up prices. :)

Thankyou v.much ^_^

I didn't think I needed to change the prices either, the first person to comment was the wedding shop owner.
I have things in there but she said if the prices are too cheap people will think its cheap rubbish.

I think of it from a "im not very rich" persons pov, i wouldn't have thousands to spend on jewellery..or hundreds even o_o and I know theres alot of people the same.

I also dont like to do repeats, unless its custom for bridesmaids or something.
I like ooak stuffs
^_^
I agree with Lorny. And coming from someone who also makes jewellery / beady things, I can see why you priced certain things at certain prices.

But I think starting off abit cheaper, and when your name is really well and truely out there, start to raise them abit. That's what we do in the dread world (as you know) :) x

User avatar
Dystopatica
Posts: 676
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:34 am
Location: Newcastle, UK
Contact:

Re: my mini websites :0

Post by Dystopatica » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:42 am

If you are happy with the prices you have set and feel that they are reasonable for the time and effort you put into your work then please don't fall into the "it has to be expensive to be good" trap that the wedding industry is guilty of. I think its a piss take that people think they can hike up the prices on stuff when the word "wedding" is involved just because they know obsessive brides will pay over the odds.

Personally I would much prefer to buy handmade and unique for my wedding which means paying an honest figure for good quality work, not forking out four times as much because someone has bought into the wedding industry mark up crap. You'd probably be genuinely shocked at the difference in price quotes I've recieved when sellers hear the word wedding, its like a license to take advantage. I've taken my business elsewhere when this has happened in the past.
Monochrome Militia
Dystopatica.com

User avatar
MissPlastik
Posts: 593
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:19 am
Location: N.Wales
Contact:

Re: my mini websites :0

Post by MissPlastik » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:01 pm

trippytroll wrote:on cute kitcsh stuff i would pay about £3 for a necklace depending on what it is, if it was literally just a charm on a necklace then yeh about £2-£3 but mabe slightly more if it had other things on it like nice clasps or beads, and other things.
and i personally wouldnt spend that amount on wedding jewellery, but then what your offering is not personally my cup of tea, but im already married and the only jewellery i bought when geting married was an eyebrow bar for about £5, so im not really sure how much wedding jewellery stuff is and what makes it stand out as wedding jewellery,
good luck with your ventures and if your happy with your prices then dont chnage them
x

^_^ yeh i have a for sale thread here too with cheaper charm necklaces i have the more expensive charm necklaces on the site though ^_^

aww hehe yeah not to everyones taste but i've spent days going through other shops selling wedding stuff similar to get ideas of prices.
and with my stuff in a shop, the shop owner said you would be suprised at what people pay for wedding stuff :O

thankyou for the reply ^_^
and i will consider puttin some of my cheaper charm necklaces on my site ^_^

x

User avatar
MissPlastik
Posts: 593
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:19 am
Location: N.Wales
Contact:

Re: my mini websites :0

Post by MissPlastik » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:07 pm

Annika wrote:I have a mini shop, I sell a few of the same/very similar 'kitsch' items you do, there's a couple of bits there that I charge £2-£4 pounds for, that you're charging £6. I think in a RL shop, you could probably charge that much, but for an unknown online business it's maybe a smidge too much?

Or maybe I'm not charging enough, I don't know! These aren't the bread and butter of my shop, but sidelines I like to make the place look 'busy',
Oh hehe ^_^

yeah i have necklaces that i sell for like 1.50 :O
but yeah varys depending how much the materials are then theres the cost of keeping the site up too,and its just jewellery and a few other accesories so i cant rely on anthing else to keep it going if you get what i mean :)
i've compared my cute jewellery like i did with the wedding stuff and got prices from all different places :O
my main aim was to beat accessorize's prices...loads of people love that shop but its all so expensive!! lol

User avatar
MissPlastik
Posts: 593
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:19 am
Location: N.Wales
Contact:

Re: my mini websites :0

Post by MissPlastik » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:12 pm

NaturalistDesigns wrote:
MissPlastik wrote:
Lorny wrote:I really like the wedding jewellery! I like that it boasts all the crystals and what have you. I certainly don't think it's too cheap; considering you're branching out to the people who's first port of call isn't one of the posh places, I don't think you should make things too expensive. I think that would put people off more cuz you need to build up good reviews first before you hitch up prices. :)

Thankyou v.much ^_^

I didn't think I needed to change the prices either, the first person to comment was the wedding shop owner.
I have things in there but she said if the prices are too cheap people will think its cheap rubbish.

I think of it from a "im not very rich" persons pov, i wouldn't have thousands to spend on jewellery..or hundreds even o_o and I know theres alot of people the same.

I also dont like to do repeats, unless its custom for bridesmaids or something.
I like ooak stuffs
^_^
I agree with Lorny. And coming from someone who also makes jewellery / beady things, I can see why you priced certain things at certain prices.

But I think starting off abit cheaper, and when your name is really well and truely out there, start to raise them abit. That's what we do in the dread world (as you know) :) x
aww hehe ^_^ thanks :O
and indeedy :P i've seen your beady things...oh and you make nice knitty things too :O

one day i will have a site selling all the stuff i make in one place to make it easyer, but its quite expensive to do atm :O

User avatar
MissPlastik
Posts: 593
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:19 am
Location: N.Wales
Contact:

Re: my mini websites :0

Post by MissPlastik » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:18 pm

Dystopatica wrote:If you are happy with the prices you have set and feel that they are reasonable for the time and effort you put into your work then please don't fall into the "it has to be expensive to be good" trap that the wedding industry is guilty of. I think its a piss take that people think they can hike up the prices on stuff when the word "wedding" is involved just because they know obsessive brides will pay over the odds.

Personally I would much prefer to buy handmade and unique for my wedding which means paying an honest figure for good quality work, not forking out four times as much because someone has bought into the wedding industry mark up crap. You'd probably be genuinely shocked at the difference in price quotes I've recieved when sellers hear the word wedding, its like a license to take advantage. I've taken my business elsewhere when this has happened in the past.
ahh i've never fallen into that, but after the comments about it being too cheap i did get worried about what people thought about the quality :O
eek
and agreed, i've seen simple silver chain necklaces with a crystal on selling for 4 times what i'd sell it for...its abit annoying >.<

aww yay hopefully more people will use more people like me :P hehe

anyway thankyou for all the comments guys
^__^

User avatar
Kajablomst.
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:58 pm
Contact:

Re: my mini websites :0

Post by Kajablomst. » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:23 am

So awesome. Do you ship worldwide?

User avatar
MissPlastik
Posts: 593
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:19 am
Location: N.Wales
Contact:

Re: my mini websites :0

Post by MissPlastik » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:18 pm

Kajablomst. wrote:So awesome. Do you ship worldwide?
thankyou ^_^
aww yeah i do on here
but i haven't got round to adjusting the worldwide shipping on the sites yet :O hehe

Locked

Return to “Show Off - Everything Else”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests