Hair pretties/kanzashi

hellcity

Hair pretties/kanzashi

Post by hellcity » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:29 am

Well, I'm new around here and new to dread making (and I still really suck at it). So I won't be showing off dreads anytime soon. So I thought - 'I know! I'll show off my kanzashi skillz!' and then realised I'd deleted ALL my old pics of them. FML.

But! At the beginning of the year I did a custom order for a friends wedding. I snaffled this pic of her hair piece. I also did flowers for the bridesmaids and the wedding party. But it was mainly the brides piece that I was most proud of.

This is what I'm good at (for now at least!) along with graphic design :) Just for the hell of it, here's the mock up for my nieces circus store as well - http://violetcrimedesign.com/clients/wd/ - they do fire twirling and all that sort of thing, so it had to be funky and kid friendly since they sell to schools. I've also been working on some t-shirt/sticker/merch designs for author http://www.staciakane.net/. When they're up and running I'll show you guys :)

Anyway, there you go. I felt like I was jhust lurking about like a big loser with no talent. Now I feel marginally better ;)
I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff... and I want in. - Homer Simpson

blog + violet.crime design facebook + personal facebook

AppleBisque

Re: Hair pretties/kanzashi

Post by AppleBisque » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:15 am

How lovely! :) Do you have pictures of any other kanzashi you've done?
Pixel and Vector Artist - Synthetic Dread Appreciator

hellcity

Post by hellcity » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:22 am

I *did* have some. I appear to have deleted them. Like a giant moron. However, I think I might whip some up because I need something funky to wear to my birthday drinks next week. I'll post pics when I make them :D
I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff... and I want in. - Homer Simpson

hellcity

Post by hellcity » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:02 am

Oh yay. Found some. They're quote old though, I'm rather better now ;)

A bunch from maybe 2 years ago?

Never finished this one!

I make other stuff too - jewellery and clips and suchlike...

Vintage lucite clips...

Current fave skull cameo clips ;)

Just located all my bits and pieces so I think I'll start working on some :D

AppleBisque

Post by AppleBisque » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:03 am

i really like the unfinished one :D what more did you plan to do to/with it that makes it unfinished?
Pixel and Vector Artist - Synthetic Dread Appreciator

hellcity

Post by hellcity » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:16 am

The borrom isn't done ;) I was going to add silver flutters to it as well since it was on a hair fork. They're the things hanging off this pic (not mine)

Nanou2

Post by Nanou2 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:27 pm

They're so neat and perfect. I started making kanzashi about a month ago. I can only do a couple of styles and they don't look very professional and neat like yours. How long have you been making them for?

The bride's piece is beautiful!

MissPlastik

Post by MissPlastik » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:52 pm

Nanou2 wrote:

uhum O__O purdy

hellcity

Post by hellcity » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:01 pm

Nanou2 wrote:They're so neat and perfect. I started making kanzashi about a month ago. I can only do a couple of styles and they don't look very professional and neat like yours. How long have you been making them for?

Thankyou :) I've been doing them for about 3 years now. It's taken me that long to get my basic techniques down. I have a fairly non traditional/quirky way of doing them ;) Mine are super simple compared to many of the incredible makers out there. Some of the sellers on Etsy are *amazing*.

My first ones were hilariouslly bad, lopsided, flat messes hehe :D
MissPlastik wrote: uhum O__O purdy
Thankyou :D

Return to “Show Off - Everything Else”