Newbie! [my first dreads]

End-Chan

Newbie! [my first dreads]

Post by End-Chan » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:12 am

Ah I waithed so long before I could post <33
Anyways..I one day decided to make myself two pairs of falls. I tried to make them slightly curly <33
[No pics of me wearing them because I cut my hair recenly..And I cant seem to make two buns to place them in my hair.]

But I would love some advice on making them beter <33
Uh o yes I sealed them with my flat iron

ANNloses

Re: Newbie! [my first dreads]

Post by ANNloses » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:18 am

They look pretty good for a newbie! They're like, solid. Maybe you should backcomb a bit more to get tapered ends. :) And you'll most likely need more dreads per fall in order to get good coverage.

End-Chan

Post by End-Chan » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:32 am

Aww thank you.
I know..The end where reather hard to do. I am still looking for tutorials on how to seal them beter <33

accually I wore those over a pair of store bought blonde dreads that is why I made them smaller <33

But I have accually no idea how big falls accually are in dread count.

LizSherman

Post by LizSherman » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:23 am

They look good! Definately add more though, when I make falls, I have about 30 SE's in each fall (I like 'em full! =D).

Goffy_lucc

Post by Goffy_lucc » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:50 am

For your first attempt, those are amazing! good work. They are pretty uniformed, and I can see the nice waveyness in them :)

I would say you have to backcomb alot more though, backcomb til your fingers tingle and your arm hurts haha :P
When you seal, try and twist as tightly as you can, and hold after the heat has gone onto them, so they "cool and hold" in place.
When you get to the end, I'd say get some pliers, or a hair clip, or if you have aspesdos fingers like me, twist as much as you can, and put the heat as close to the ends as you can(if you have a hairdryer, I suggest doing it with the hairdryer instead of the towel and flat iron, alot more effective =]), and much longer, all the while twisting tighter and tighter. then from there, as it's twisting the rest of the dread at the same time, I go all the way up with my steamer, just to make them extra sealed :D
I'd say those two falls put together, would make a nice sized single fall, you just have to do like...a load more to get the other.
I like my falls really quite jam-packed though >.>

Hope that helps, and happy dreading :D
~Louie <3
Facebook | Tumblr

Find funky hair and jewels at~
Etsy | Facebook

rachietartz

Post by rachietartz » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:01 am

Those are a great first attempt!!

I use piercing forceps to help seal the ends of my dreads. I suggest ordering a pair, you burn your hands so much less!

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:28 am

Pliers work well for holding the ends, too.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

[Tank]

Post by [Tank] » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:35 pm

ikickshins wrote:Pliers work well for holding the ends, too.
I use a clothes peg :D
To begin with, a dog is not mad. you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I am mad.

Return to “Hair Critique”