First Proper Roving

Vex88

First Proper Roving

Post by Vex88 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:04 pm

So I finally decided on a colour scheme for my new hair adventure,hehe. Thinking of doing kinda autumny/fall colours.. browns..with poss oranges,yellows and greens.

I had already made up 2 brown dreads but they were too big so I split them and re felted them to make 4 skinny dreads.

There is a slight seam on one or two but I think I just need to go over it again as I did with the other 4 that i made...

I think these look a lot better and didn't take me long so hopefully I won't give up as easily with these as I do with synth....
Just need to dye my hair brown now :( lol. I was going to have to do it anyways in October as my sis is getting married. The only problem I may have with installing is that the top layer of my hair is a bit short as some of it broke of after i bleached it :/ Hopefully it's long enough.

I've found that bar soap works better for me than washing up liquid :) and the water needs to be hot hot hot..but everyones always said that.

Oh! also... the first 4 are sienna and the last 4 are chocolate... though I think they look exactly the same colour when felted :/ lol

Thought Id just show off what I've done so far and get some feedback etc :D
Kirsty x
There's no place like 127.0.0.1.
---------------------------------------
Facebook
Etsy!
DysfunctionDesigns on Facebook
Artfire!

radio-trash

Re: First Proper Roving

Post by radio-trash » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:52 pm

They look good to me! Other than that seam but you mentioned it :) I really like the color of the dreads you have so far, the color sceme you described sounds nice too.
"When it's dark enough, you can see the stars"
http://chanceyanne.etsy.com

oxalchemyxo

Post by oxalchemyxo » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:08 am

I'm not a huge fan of roving, but these look nice. I like the color, and they seem to look just as properly made as other roving I've seen in the show off section :D keep up the good work!
~Alchemy~

mandikat

Post by mandikat » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:54 pm

Oooh, they look SO soft...
"Our world hangs like a magnificent jewel in the vastness of space. Every one of us is a part of that jewel. A facet of that jewel. And in the perspective of infinity, our differences are infinitesimal."
-Mister Rogers

Squidgy

Post by Squidgy » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:34 am

They are coming along nicely, but I would suggest at least another 3 palm rolls as they are to ensure they are not soft - looking closely I can see all the loose fibres which would molt everywhere when installed.

To get rid of the cracks running down the dreads try to roll the dread at an angle to disguise the line!!
"I don't follow no religion, bow to the DJ, worship the riddum!!" ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬

Vex88

Post by Vex88 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:56 am

Not sure why Im getting so many posts on this thread now :/
This was posted a while ago and since then i'd sorted the dreads a bit, made a complete set and had them installed for a few weeks.
Pics are in the show off if anyone wants to see...
Kirsty x
There's no place like 127.0.0.1.
---------------------------------------
Facebook
Etsy!
DysfunctionDesigns on Facebook
Artfire!

Return to “Hair Critique”