My first attempt at dreads. :}

MelisaSMITH

My first attempt at dreads. :}

Post by MelisaSMITH » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:02 am

Well, i've took up dreading recently. I buy and wear but I don't make. I thought i'd learn how to make them, since i'm sick of paying money all the time when I want new ones and I change my hair style.

I just decided to get a packet of red auburn cause I knew if I was going to order some hair, it was probably going to come and be the wrong shade to match mine. :roll:
Annyyway, so I sat down and finally did them, but i originaly did it with boiling water to seal them, but I didn't like the outcome, so I went over with my irons and they turned out pretty good.

just wondering if theres any room for improvement?

Constructive Critisism would be awesome :D :P

Search me on Youtube :}

this will be my last confession,
i love you never felt like any blessing.
whisper it like its a secret,
uttered to condemn the one who hears it,
with a heavy heart.

FLORENCE&THEMACHINE - heavyinyourarms

rivetlicker_

Re: My first attempt at dreads. :}

Post by rivetlicker_ » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:36 am

Have you got a pic of the ends?

The body looks quite alright, there's always room for improvement. The loops seem chunky on some, so practise at getting those right and you're right on your jolly way! They may not be seller quality (yet), but certainly wearable without shame.

MelisaSMITH

Post by MelisaSMITH » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:50 am

rivetlicker_ wrote:Have you got a pic of the ends?

The body looks quite alright, there's always room for improvement. The loops seem chunky on some, so practise at getting those right and you're right on your jolly way! They may not be seller quality (yet), but certainly wearable without shame.
Ohhh noooo, the ends are too shamefull. :') Just wondering really if I got the basics right. I guess practice makes perfect. :'D
And Hahha, like the first three I did, the loops were just too small, so i looked up some tips, and they said to stick a pen in there, but now... yeah they're screwed up hahaha.

thankyouu anyway :)
Search me on Youtube :}

this will be my last confession,
i love you never felt like any blessing.
whisper it like its a secret,
uttered to condemn the one who hears it,
with a heavy heart.

FLORENCE&THEMACHINE - heavyinyourarms

brandalynn

Post by brandalynn » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:03 pm

To help keep the loops neat, try putting a rubber band on the hair before backcombing. You can always take the band off after sealing. The body looks like you have a good start, though. Work on smoothing out your taper from loops to end. When you seal, you can use a pair of needle nose pliers to hang on to the ends to get nicely tapered ends without burning the crap out of your fingers. Hope that helps. (love the color you chose, btw :D )
"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes" --- bumper sticker---

z0mbieface

Post by z0mbieface » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:30 pm

They are way better than my first attempt, which were only good for the bin :? Ive been using a knitting needle in the loop while I steam, nice neat little loop:)

Return to “Hair Critique”