First Unofficial Dreads / Horsing Around

frozenrainbows

First Unofficial Dreads / Horsing Around

Post by frozenrainbows » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:22 am

Why do they call it horsing around? Foxes are wayyy moe playful. Or even fish...

So...Hey! I got some hair with the intent to do some dreads, and am hoping someone could show/tell me what I'm doing wrong. As i realize this may take more time and money to perfect, I'm considering falling back on micro braids until i get a decent set to put in my hair! I HAVE TONS OF PICTURES!! D:/

My foals so far (horse puns! whoo!) :

i lost track of which ones came first. But hopefully some look loads better than others.

O.o Convoluted DE

A kind of depressed striped one

Some Ends. Dangnabit! Can't...frikken.....seal!!! I'm using a towel and a flatiron, i used the blow drier on parts of one, and an iron on my first one. Guess which one that is...

Should I be able to untwist it at all? Or should it be completely hard? Im pressing kind of hard on this 'dread', can you see?

IKickShins

Re: First Unofficial Dreads / Horsing Around

Post by IKickShins » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:15 pm

You need to backcomb more. A good dread can be untwisted if you actively try to do so, but they shouldn't be as loose as those look. I'd recommend practicing backcombing on regular solid dreads, then moving onto harder stuff like stripes once you've got the basics down.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

frozenrainbows

Post by frozenrainbows » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:59 am

Sounds good to me! ^-^ Thanks, I'm having a hard time figuring out what a properly backcombed fluffball looks and feels like, so ill probably update/present a new query again later..

starlotus

Post by starlotus » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:25 pm

frozenrainbows wrote:Sounds good to me! ^-^ Thanks, I'm having a hard time figuring out what a properly backcombed fluffball looks and feels like, so ill probably update/present a new query again later..
There's lots of good info on here :) Good luck and definitely post more pics as you practice!

And stripes are seriously difficult, for me anyway. I tried them once and got so frustrated I refuse to make them ever again.

Return to “Hair Critique”