First natural/palm rolled dreads

bluexeon

First natural/palm rolled dreads

Post by bluexeon » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:18 pm

I decided id have a stab at making some natural/palm rolled dreads. I can make normal dreads fine but I dont think im too good at these. Just for myself with some bags of hair i need to get rid of. Let me know what you think/advice on technique. I backcombed them then dropped them through a pan of boiling water, rolled them, pan of water and rolled again. I know a few are a little lumpy but im going to hopefully even then out with the steamer, same with the ends.

The silver/blue one was meant to be kinda like a blend but ive decided im not too keen on the colours lol.

IKickShins

Re: First natural/palm rolled dreads

Post by IKickShins » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:02 am

I think they could use a bit more palmrolling, or maybe use a felting needle on them to tighten them up a bit and control the frizzies.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

bluexeon

Post by bluexeon » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:53 pm

Ive tidied them up since this picture but didnt take anymore photos. Dont think ill be attempting this again. My washer didnt like them lol. They looked ok in i suppose but a bit too poofy for my liking.

Shedandy

Post by Shedandy » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:04 am

Apart from the bits of fluffies which I'm sure will be fine after some palm rolling and or felting needles I think they look rather fab.
This be my Facebook dreads page ^_^ Feel free to add me
http://www.facebook.com/shedandys

Return to “Hair Critique”