Blackout boredom: My first dread install

Locked
User avatar
Leanna Moore
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 11:18 pm
Location: Canada BC
Contact:

Blackout boredom: My first dread install

Post by Leanna Moore » Sat May 29, 2010 4:13 am

So today, my appartment's electricity was down and I was dying from boredom, so I decided to try for an install... I watched a doclocks DE installation video a few weeks back and thought that I might as well go for it as there was nothing else to do. I found it a bit hard, as the mannequin head is fourth hand and has been cut to hell, all the short layers... ugh... And I had a heck of the time getting the crown to look halfway decent... But, I think it turned out pretty well for my first go (:


If you can spot anything that could do with improving, please let me know.
Thanks for looking ^__^



Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image

Image

User avatar
Vex88
Posts: 1071
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:52 am
Location: Glasgow

Re: Blackout boredom: My first dread install

Post by Vex88 » Sat May 29, 2010 6:14 am

Looks pretty good. Really like the colours. The up-do is cute but not sure about the dreads at the front. Thats just my tastes tho :)
Kirsty x
There's no place like 127.0.0.1.
---------------------------------------
Facebook
Etsy!
DysfunctionDesigns on Facebook
Artfire!

User avatar
Candied_Angel
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:31 am
Location: Baltimore, MD / Clarion, PA
Contact:

Re: Blackout boredom: My first dread install

Post by Candied_Angel » Sat May 29, 2010 9:50 am

At first I thought it was going to be an install on yourself, which I was about to be like 'Official win on a self-install in a blackout!' because it's kinda hard to install in the dark.

But the dreads are really close to the scalp which is good, it's just the pokies in the first picture that had my OCD eye muscle kind of twitching. There's nothing a few elastics won't fix, though.

Overall I like it. I'm not a big fan of mixing colours like that but I like this one, it's really interesting. I especially like the wrap in the last photo. It's really cute ^.^

I might try a wrap like that in the future, if you don't mind of course.
Striving for social imperfection since 1990.

User avatar
Vicsarina
Posts: 1414
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:11 am

Re: Blackout boredom: My first dread install

Post by Vicsarina » Sat May 29, 2010 1:15 pm

It looks really good. :) Now to try it on yourself. I do very much like the wraps. The way you have done them is very interesting.
*Rule Obsessor*

User avatar
Leanna Moore
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 11:18 pm
Location: Canada BC
Contact:

Re: Blackout boredom: My first dread install

Post by Leanna Moore » Sun May 30, 2010 5:38 am

Vex88 wrote:Looks pretty good. Really like the colours. The up-do is cute but not sure about the dreads at the front. Thats just my tastes tho :)



Thanks ^w^

User avatar
Leanna Moore
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 11:18 pm
Location: Canada BC
Contact:

Re: Blackout boredom: My first dread install

Post by Leanna Moore » Sun May 30, 2010 5:42 am

Candied_Angel wrote:At first I thought it was going to be an install on yourself, which I was about to be like 'Official win on a self-install in a blackout!' because it's kinda hard to install in the dark.

But the dreads are really close to the scalp which is good, it's just the pokies in the first picture that had my OCD eye muscle kind of twitching. There's nothing a few elastics won't fix, though.

Overall I like it. I'm not a big fan of mixing colours like that but I like this one, it's really interesting. I especially like the wrap in the last photo. It's really cute ^.^

I might try a wrap like that in the future, if you don't mind of course.


I didnt even notice the pokies! Thanks for pointing that out xD I shall indeed get on to fixing that. I think it would have been better if I had matched the elastic colors to the hair more x: Next time, I will :3 I did the wrap like that- with the beads - because I couldnt find ANY dread beads either locally, or in my large bead collection, so I decided till I could find some online I'd just use regular beads and attatch with the cross stitch thread o:
I don't mind one bit ^__^

User avatar
Leanna Moore
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 11:18 pm
Location: Canada BC
Contact:

Re: Blackout boredom: My first dread install

Post by Leanna Moore » Sun May 30, 2010 5:46 am

Vicsarina wrote:It looks really good. :) Now to try it on yourself. I do very much like the wraps. The way you have done them is very interesting.



Thank you so much :D
I did try installing on myself, and as I have a wierd joint disorder, one of my shoulders dislocated >.< It happens whenever I lift my arms too high- I did manage to get some installed on the sides, but it looked pretty uneven xD

I love experimenting with the wraps :D They're so fun! You can do so much with them. I think I might try to attatch some little sea shells when I make some natural color dreads ^__^

Locked

Return to “Hair Critique”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests