First try at natural dreads

Tomo139

First try at natural dreads

Post by Tomo139 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:09 am

So I wanted to make a set of naturals for myself. I wanted to show you guys what you thought and how I could improve what I have so far. I have only sealed these once. I have use the boiling water method and after I did it I palm rolled them again. I was thinking about trying to seal them again but I dont know if you have to do it a few times or not. heres a shot of just a few of them together. there is a few random hairs but I thought since im going try to seal them again that it would go away?

so what do you think? I want you to be as mean as you want about these.It wont bother me. if they look bad and I should practice more, then tell me. I want you to be as truthful as you can. I see that as a way to learn faster on what to do right.

schwarz_engelblut

Re: First try at natural dreads

Post by schwarz_engelblut » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:41 am

the overall shape is nice :D try backcombing a bit more. It'll keep the dread from having the long straight pokey-thingies. Backcombing is definately key for naturals ^__^
I love those though! Keep up the good work! <3
this is my witty signature. love it. fear it <3 rawr!

if you havn't received your package, contact me!!

Dreads for sale

PreMades :]
http://www.SchwarzEngelblut.etsy.com

Hairyspace
http://www.myspace.com/engelbluthair

convenientlust

Post by convenientlust » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:45 am

The only critique I can give is more backcombing. They'll hold up for longer and look alot more natural.

Tomo139

Post by Tomo139 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:42 pm

so this might sound stupud but can I seal and backcomb them again after pouring the water on them? I was trying to backcomb one and I stopped because I didn't know if I could do that again. Didn't know if it was like a once kinda deal and I have to start all over..

Jynx

Post by Jynx » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:43 pm

You can backcomb again after you seal. You can't do that very easily for twisted dreads, though. But for naturals it's totally fine.

Tomo139

Post by Tomo139 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:21 pm

Jynx wrote:You can backcomb again after you seal. You can't do that very easily for twisted dreads, though. But for naturals it's totally fine.
ah ok.thank you so much.ill have to do that then ^.^

Return to “Hair Critique”