Super Skinny Set

AdrenaLynny

Super Skinny Set

Post by AdrenaLynny » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:53 am

So I did my first install on a friend and while it took forever....I was pretty pleased. I did forget to take pictures of the front though, I forgive myself because it was 5am when I finished. Anyway she wanted super skinny looooong single ended dreads, I made 75, in burgundy, black and baby pink. They probably could have been backcombed more, but she wanted them to be more flexible and less stiff. I used boiling water to seal them...

Any thoughts?
Cunning Stunt.

hellsbells

Re: Super Skinny Set

Post by hellsbells » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:31 pm

I think you're right and they do need a good deal more backcombing, it looks as if some of the burgundy ones are unravelling. To make them softer and not so rigid don't minimise the backcombing at all, simply don't twist them so tight when you seal them. :)

I love the colour, width and length. Baby pink goes so well with those colours :)

AdrenaLynny

Re: Super Skinny Set

Post by AdrenaLynny » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:09 pm

hellsbells wrote:I think you're right and they do need a good deal more backcombing, it looks as if some of the burgundy ones are unravelling. To make them softer and not so rigid don't minimise the backcombing at all, simply don't twist them so tight when you seal them. :)

I love the colour, width and length. Baby pink goes so well with those colours :)
oooh ok :) ty. Im working up a new set for myself soon so Il keep that in mind as thats the width I prefer as well.

I could have cried though, she took them out less than 2 days after i installed them because they were hurting her head. I told her repeatedly that they would take a few days to get used to... and maybe I could make her a set of falls, or a wig instead...but she insisted they be installed. *sighs* I have no idea if she kept them or not, I am hoping she did...that was an entire weekends worth of work.
Cunning Stunt.

Return to “Hair Critique”